• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Twin turbo Lil Red

I stayed stock for now. Coil springs and adjustable shocks. I actually turned the motor over under its own power for the first time in ten years yesterday. And I saw you at the dog track even said hi but I don't think you recognized me. I was there with that green super pro duster.
You mean this Duster ? Nice , Very Nice .
IMG_5232.JPG

GOOD GAWD, Boosted, I just noticed your from Mass as well as Bear!!!! Where abouts? I'm just north of ya!!!!
Were done here on the south shore were the trucks just don't haul hay . ;) lol

DAMN you guys...... LOL @ haul hay. no mine just hauls the mud from going out and playin in the deep stuff. LOL Only because it gets into places I just can't seem to get it all out when I wash it! LOL

For me, or to me rather it seems like the "Mopar crowd" is south of me in a lot of aspects...... Theres a couple guys on here, that I've met tho, as they like me are also model builders not just Mopar guys...... SO, I get the best of both worlds..... In Methuen and Laurence!

GAWD is that Duster SWHAWWWEEEEEET!

Thanks , The reason why I asked was because after I tub mine , I'm thinking of dropping my rear about two inch's and maybe an inch / inch and a half in the front and a set up like you where thinking wound give me options for the front . ....... Did it kick ?
Yes, it kicked after re soldering a brand new starter back together. Oil pressure came right up, no leaks. So I should have it running very soon. Have a few more gauges to wire. But very close now. The easiest drop for your truck is van lower control arms or 1ton lower control arms. They have a 1.5-2 inch pocket for the spring.

Looks tight in that engine compartment! Glad I'm not doing that turbo route, I'd go insane! I have only about half of your investment between 2 cars, one on the road the other is now a shell. These trucks (and cars) are definitely a labor of love, not an investment. I wish that truck was closer to the Midwest so I could see it in person. If you post videos to YouTube, we're gonna need the channel so we can listen and watch this bad boy when it's done! BTW, I think the truck looks great the way it is on the outside. You can only have so many shiney Lil Reds running around, need a couple scruffy looking ones too!

This is a great looking build...I only wish I could see it in person. I like the attitude with building for go and not for show.
Love it....can't wait to see how this goes when it is running. :cool:
Where have you been hiding?! Good to see you back, hope everything is well down there!

Looks tight in that engine compartment! Glad I'm not doing that turbo route, I'd go insane! I have only about half of your investment between 2 cars, one on the road the other is now a shell. These trucks (and cars) are definitely a labor of love, not an investment. I wish that truck was closer to the Midwest so I could see it in person. If you post videos to YouTube, we're gonna need the channel so we can listen and watch this bad boy when it's done! BTW, I think the truck looks great the way it is on the outside. You can only have so many shiney Lil Reds running around, need a couple scruffy looking ones too!
To me it is an investment. My Son helps me in the garage every time I work on the truck. He takes pride in knowing that he help build this and the experience and skills he is learning will never be forgotten. These types of skills are not being passed on as much anymore. From father to son. I learned everything from my Dad and still do. Part of me doesn't want to finish the truck because when it's done it will be less time to just hang out with my Dad and learn from him. So it's an investment for me, my son and my Dad of bonding time like no other. Building horsepower and memories.

To me it is an investment. My Son helps me in the garage every time I work on the truck. He takes pride in knowing that he help build this and the experience and skills he is learning will never be forgotten. These types of skills are not being passed on as much anymore. From father to son. I learned everything from my Dad and still do. Part of me doesn't want to finish the truck because when it's done it will be less time to just hang out with my Dad and learn from him. So it's an investment for me, my son and my Dad of bonding time like no other. Building horsepower and memories.

This is so true! I don't have a son to have that kinda interest, I got but one Daughter, and sadly no matter what I do, she has no interest, BUT that too shes still young, (She's not even a teenager yet!) so..... MAYBE someday!

HOWEVER I do have a Step-Son and a lot of what hes doing now came from a lot of my own influence as his Dad, was more or less on the upper management type stuff and he had no interest, like me, get shoulder deep in something filthy, dirt, and needing work he was all over that like stink on shit... -Thats how I was since I was about.......ummmmmm 12 or 13. Grease monkey from day one!

In that respect, yes definitely. I was talking strictly money wise. My dad taught me to work on cars myself and save some money, maybe one of the granddaughters will pick up my hobby and I can teach her!

I know it's not a monitary investment. I would never get back what I put in. And trust me I don't have a lot of money. That's why it has taken me so long to finish. This truck has been built on second jobs, trades, bartering and junk yard diving. But I have owned this truck for almost half my life its a family member at this point. My son wants to take it to prom next year.

One FUN "Prom Night" coming right up.. as soon as I build BOOST! HELL YEAH!!!!!! :rolleyes: Or is boost the only thing "Building up"? :D

Yes, it kicked after re soldering a brand new starter back together. Oil pressure came right up, no leaks. So I should have it running very soon. Have a few more gauges to wire. But very close now. The easiest drop for your truck is van lower control arms or 1ton lower control arms. They have a 1.5-2 inch pocket for the spring.
Glad to hear it's running , There's nothing like the first time you hear it run after the build . As for lowering my front end , I know how to do it but I liked your idea about the coil overs for the adjustability of it . I'm one that likes setting things up to my taste and what works best for what I'm trying to achieve .

Glad to hear it's running , There's nothing like the first time you hear it run after the build . As for lowering my front end , I know how to do it but I liked your idea about the coil overs for the adjustability of it . I'm one that likes setting things up to my taste and what works best for what I'm trying to achieve .

Bear, you know? You have a damn good point! I too like things to work out the way I want them too on my set-ups.... thats why I'd LOVE to find me a W500 Power Wagon!!!! (Insane? Yeah just a tad, I know it!) BUT the sheer size of that truck would be FUN to work on!

The coil over would bolt right on in the stock location. But my truck is to low and wouldn't allow for much adjustability. Unless I cut out the top spring mount and put in a shock hoop. Which is gonna happen in the future when I upgrade to rack and pinion steering. And get rid of those foolish strut rods.

The coil over would bolt right on in the stock location. But my truck is to low and wouldn't allow for much adjustability. Unless I cut out the top spring mount and put in a shock hoop. Which is gonna happen in the future when I upgrade to rack and pinion steering. And get rid of those foolish strut rods.
So it would bolt right in without any mod's ? That's good to know , I wasn't sure . Thanks for that . I don't want to drop , drop my truck , But I do want it a little lower and I'd like to keep a certain rake to it as well . I guess it's the ole school in me , with the rake . lol

Back