• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Twin turbo Lil Red

IMG_1477.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1480.JPG
Here is a couple from today. Power board just about done. Engine compartment quite full but pretty much done. Tried starting today but having starter issue with a brand new power master.

NICE!!!! What size is that small block? The 360 Express? Yes/no? NICE work on all that turbo piping and made it all fit, (those ARE big engine compartments so you had a little real estate to do it in.....

It's actually a 360 magnum stroked to 408. The original express motor is on a stand in the garage. The compartment is big but you run out of room quick. A lot of planning went into it. I'm not a pro and this is not a show truck. I will be driving it everyday during the summer. So if you ever see it in person don't be disappointed in its exterior appearance. I spent my money on safety and go fast parts. As the say chrome don't get you home.

This is a great looking build...I only wish I could see it in person. I like the attitude with building for go and not for show.
Love it....can't wait to see how this goes when it is running. :cool:

I'm the same way with my truck altho NOT build to go "fast" but drag EVERYTHING with you might be a different story..... I like slow, and go places speed can't take you..... LOL

I am definitely a the lower the better. My rear bumper on this truck is about 4.5 inches of the ground. And the front crossmember is maybe 3.

I see the stacks are still there, turbo exhaust routed to them? How nasty is the 408?

I am definitely a the lower the better. My rear bumper on this truck is about 4.5 inches of the ground. And the front crossmember is maybe 3.

I'm just the opposite. I go "up" to go places that normal trucks can't..... -I'm a crawler/mudder, so.... BUT I do like the LOW and Speedy too! I just have a much better time fund-wise, to play slow and climb.... without killing my thin wallet and making my shallow pockets even shallower! LOL

Yes the stacks are hooked up. As far as the motor it is a magnum block steel crank I beam rods Keith black pistons. Heads are Hughes performance race prepped. Cam is from comp ordered for my for turbo set up and head flow. M1 intake and a 850cfm CSU carb. Turbos measure 76mm at the compressor wheel. Tranny is a 727 all new Sprague bands clutches manual valve body and a 3800 stall Dynamic converter.

Yes the stacks are hooked up. As far as the motor it is a magnum block steel crank I beam rods Keith black pistons. Heads are Hughes performance race prepped. Cam is from comp ordered for my for turbo set up and head flow. M1 intake and a 850cfm CSU carb. Turbos measure 76mm at the compressor wheel. Tranny is a 727 all new Sprague bands clutches manual valve body and a 3800 stall Dynamic converter.

-Not asking to be an asshole, but I have to ask tho...... all that you done for speed, what those parts cost ya total in the engine build? Again, I'm not asking to be a butthole, I'm merely making a point with my thin wallet, and shallow pockets.... On my truck? I got a Industrial 383...... You think those small block parts were expensive? Try that same ordeal with a Big Block Mopar! LOL Specially a rare one like mine...... Military Industrial 383 I should have said..... AND backed by an Allison 9 Speed Manual Transmission!

I have had the truck for 17 years and I have spent a ton of money. This was a daily driver until I removed the original motor 10 years ago to rebuild it. Then I decided to build what I would call my dream. So over ten years there is probably more than 30 in it right now. But I built it (except the cage and chassis) I didn't pay someone. It's an accomplishment that unfortunately to many young people don't know how to do anymore. And I would never call any one an ahole or recall complaining about how much I've spent. Everyone has there idea of what is fun or entertaining or how a vehicle should be. I love all things mechanical. I apologize if I have offended you in some way.

Ohh no you didn't offend me, (Takes a bunch more then that!) I was just recalling my "limits" to spend is all..... I mean if I had it "my way" my '67 would be getting a fresh coat of paint (planned that over 2 years ago, still haven't happened yet!) AND I wouldn't mind bolting on something "more" to my 383..... BUT for what it is? I'm almost better off leaving well enough alone! That said, I could go an bolt on a set of 44" TSL Super Swampers for the hell of it, BUT, they aren't cheap, and I'm not sure, but I can almost BET I'd have to do something more with the clearances for those tires, I've got 38's on it now! The Military 44's I have fit it, but they're pizza cutters..............very narrow! The TSL's are a bunch wider.... almost double the width of the G.I 44's....

But that all said, I too plan to do ALL of my own work..... I have up to this point on that truck except have helping hands (my step-Son) when needed.... He's been using my truck in an around his shop so..... He's been keeping up my general maintenance for the most part..... Just because I'm not using it for the time being.... And he does well, I taught him so.... Plus he knows, its MY '67, and I keep tabs on it and whats been done or not done to it..... otherwise, I pull the keys!

That said, I'll be doing all the body work, ALL the painting, and IF (and thats a really "BIG" if), I go the rout of anything motor related, I'll be doing that too! For letting him use the truck tho, allows me to use the shop he has! LOL I'm good for that as long as my truck isn't destroyed in the process and having that at his shop its under his insurance too! His Auto Business insurance... -Better then what I have as driver/owner coverage! And under his insurance it can do just about anything, but really doesn't leave the property!

BUT for my rig, its really a daily driver..... It gets used daily I know that around the "yard" at his shop.... Drags a 8-10 ton trailer around loaded like nothing....

Just a matter of time & money to do what I want to the ole girl is all.....

Look'in good boosted ! If I hear a rumble from my house I'll know you got it running . ;) lol I saw you father a few weeks ago at Raynham and his rag top is look'in good as well , Nice cruiser ! Hopefully you'll be out on the streets next season with the lil red . I know it's been a long build for you , but all good things take time . :cool:

I stayed stock for now. Coil springs and adjustable shocks. I actually turned the motor over under its own power for the first time in ten years yesterday. And I saw you at the dog track even said hi but I don't think you recognized me. I was there with that green super pro duster.

GOOD GAWD, Boosted, I just noticed your from Mass as well as Bear!!!! Where abouts? I'm just north of ya!!!!

I stayed stock for now. Coil springs and adjustable shocks. I actually turned the motor over under its own power for the first time in ten years yesterday.
Thanks , The reason why I asked was because after I tub mine , I'm thinking of dropping my rear about two inch's and maybe an inch / inch and a half in the front and a set up like you where thinking wound give me options for the front . ....... Did it kick ?

I saw you at the dog track even said hi but I don't think you recognized me. I was there with that green super pro duster.
That's right too ! I'm sorry , I suck with face's and I remember seeing you briefly at my truck . That night was crazy . "Everybody" was there for Tony and I was coming across people that I hadn't seen in "years" . I think when you came over I was talking to Howie with the white blown Hemi Challenger . I've known him for about 30 years and haven't seen him or his car for about 10 years .

Back