• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Twin turbo Lil Red

That's a nice combo, it's similar if not the same as the one I mentioned earlier. Might have to modify the brackets a little to get it to sit right, but that will be nothing for you!

I actually just need to finish trimming the radiator support about a 1/4 inch. Then the radiator will look like it came in the truck. Might have it finished tomorrow so I'll post pics soon.

Cool ! Literally as well as visually . Are you going to try running the stock puke tank or are you going aftermarket with that too ? Maybe an aluminum or billet piece ?
Never mind , I just looked at the picture again and saw it sticking out of the box .

image.jpeg
Did a little more wiring this weekend.

That looks like fun. I would have to take many breaks to keep my sanity!
You should know Mob , that sanity is not part of the equation when building a fast Mopar . :confused: lol

My sanity left when I decided to build this truck. This is actually a painless kit. I am just going a little over board with fuses and relays to protect all my electronics. I have labelled everything so if anybody besides myself needs to work on it they can with ease. And I want it to last a long time.

It is not really painless but it is less pain than doing it from scratch. My biggest two complaints are the fact I bought a 21 circuit street legal race car harness and it doesn't come with any of the relays for the fans, fuel pump or headlights. Those all cost extra. Then they pre terminate some wires for the switch panel but they don't cut them the same length so when you put the connectors on you end up with a buldge in the wire loom.

Years ago when building a custom 59 chevy pickup i had chevy, dodge and ford electrical components in it made life intresting. But when doing low budget you use what you have.

Just read through the thread, did you get it running? Any updates? Looks like it's going to be really MEAN.

I'll start by saying I underestimated the amount of time it was going to take to wire the extra solenoids, o2 sensors and timing controls to make this safe and reliable. Then the plumbing for oil feeds and drains and gauges. But I am at the point now where I have to finish up the the battery grounds in the back of the truck and a couple ignition wires and it will start. I plan on starting it next weekend. Just in time to put it away for the winter.

Back