• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tincup's D100

20160312_160521.jpg
20160312_160600.jpg
20160312_161300.jpg

Been a busy week, finished the rear suspension, added the rear sway bar. Sold off the 4 factory wheels I had and bought 2 black wheels for the back. The front tires I had were too small for the rims, so I bought 2 bigger ones, went from a 255/40/20 to a 285/40/20, they fit perfect. Tomorrow I have to install the front sway bar, then we can move on to the heart transplant.

View attachment 6441 View attachment 6442 View attachment 6443
Been a busy week, finished the rear suspension, added the rear sway bar. Sold off the 4 factory wheels I had and bought 2 black wheels for the back. The front tires I had were too small for the rims, so I bought 2 bigger ones, went from a 255/40/20 to a 285/40/20, they fit perfect. Tomorrow I have to install the front sway bar, then we can move on to the heart transplant.
I can't wait to see that beast of a motor between the frame rails ! :cool:

Looks like it might actually fit... All I have to do now is make up some motor mounts.
Phone Pictures 291.jpg
Phone Pictures 290.jpg

Now THATS what I'm talking about ! :cool:

Gas Tank is finally mounted (22 Gal. Mustang). It took a while to box the rear frame rails, then weld in 1 1/4" box tubing, and use (13) 1/4" riv-nuts. The best part is it fit perfectly between the frame rails, so when I want to remove it, It just drops out from the bottom...
100_1190.JPG
100_1191.JPG

Gas Tank is finally mounted (22 Gal. Mustang). It took a while to box the rear frame rails, then weld in 1 1/4" box tubing, and use (13) 1/4" riv-nuts. The best part is it fit perfectly between the frame rails, so when I want to remove it, It just drops out from the bottom...
View attachment 6621 View attachment 6622
That's slick! Looks nice and clean, up and out of the way. How long will it take to drain it? Viper engine + lead foot = 3 mpg!

Look's good TinCup ! You might have just changed my mind about using a Ramcharger tank when the time come's to move my fuel source .

It's funny you said that . I was thinking of a removable one as well . But I was thinking a two piece . The bottom half being made from a factory removable one from a mid 70's stick or 4x4 tunnel and then fabbing up the top half ( firewall ) to mate up to the bottom half . Make it so the top half bolts in first and then the front edge of the bottom tunnel bolts to that as well as the floor . That way if he ever needs to have access to that area or the back of the engine , he does . It was just a quick thought .

That will be later on down the road, so I have plenty of time to come up with a plan.....

Back