• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tincup's D100

That's what I'm doing with mine a ram charger tank. Are you going through the bedside or inside the bed? Looking great!
I bought a Mustang tank from Tanks Inc. 22 Gal, through the bed floor.

Will the mustang tank fit between the frame webbing or will you have to drop it below the frame?

Will the mustang tank fit between the frame webbing or will you have to drop it below the frame?
It should fit right between the rails. A lot of guy's use them, do a Google search for pictures.

Good news, my buddy finished my new spindles, so now I can button up the front suspension. I finished the notches tonight, so I get the rear welded in, gonna be a busy weekend.
20160218_193623.jpg
20160219_184622.jpg
20160219_184641.jpg

nice work as always Tincup.....love the things you guys get to do in the States and still register a vehicle....rego here in Australia is getting so silly it's ridiculous , I'm building 62 Plymouth Valiant and got knocked back for being 41cc's over sized with a blown 3.8 GM V6....brake and suspension upgrades are viewed with great suspicion....engineers reports are now in the order of $5,000, they can't outlaw modified cars so they are making it so hard to do people will give up!!

nice work as always Tincup.....love the things you guys get to do in the States and still register a vehicle....rego here in Australia is getting so silly it's ridiculous , I'm building 62 Plymouth Valiant and got knocked back for being 41cc's over sized with a blown 3.8 GM V6....brake and suspension upgrades are viewed with great suspicion....engineers reports are now in the order of $5,000, they can't outlaw modified cars so they are making it so hard to do people will give up!!
That sucks! If anything, you are making the car "Better, Safer, and Cleaner" than it was before.

As it turns out Dodge bodies are not exactly level with the chassis. I had been working on a level chassis, but today I dropped it on the ground and the rear was a little low, like 4 inches. Not a big deal at this point since the suspension is not welded in yet. Although I could have gotten away with a smaller notch, it's easy enough to cut them down. The most important thing is the proper stance.

20160221_173348.jpg

That looks pretty sick already. Should be impressive as a completed truck! Are you actually going to step down into the truck?

As it turns out Dodge bodies are not exactly level with the chassis. I had been working on a level chassis, but today I dropped it on the ground and the rear was a little low, like 4 inches. Not a big deal at this point since the suspension is not welded in yet. Although I could have gotten away with a smaller notch, it's easy enough to cut them down. The most important thing is the proper stance.

View attachment 6363
lol , I looked at that picture and just started giggling evilly . Mob hit it on the head , that truck is going to look , just plain sick . I'm liking it !

My new shocks came in, they might ride a little stiff...
20160226_174902.jpg

I decided to go ahead and cut the notches down...
20160227_190850.jpg

Got the rear completely tacked in. Can't weld it in solid until I determine the correct pinion angle.

20160229_195213.jpg
20160229_195223.jpg
20160229_195236.jpg
20160229_195254.jpg

Wow ! That's loo'in good ! Are you going to box in any more of the frame right behind the C notch ?

Wow ! That's loo'in good ! Are you going to box in any more of the frame right behind the C notch ?
Don't think so, that's where the gas tank is gonna go.

I'm sorry to tell you , but the UPS guy made a mistake . He was supposed to drop them off at my house not yours . lol ..... Nice pick for the seats . :)

I'm sorry to tell you , but the UPS guy made a mistake . He was supposed to drop them off at my house not yours . lol ..... Nice pick for the seats . :)
He said he was going to your house next.....

Back