• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

I got a white Brewer, don't know if it has a name, but it gets used 3-4 times a year. Kwik Trip coffee for me, I get my FuFu when I get off work, and fill my thermos before I go to work, it's nice and warm 6-7 hours later!

Winter is here, even if the snow isn't. Put the Polara in storage last week, got the last of my parts put on top of the car, ugh, and yesterday I the Mercury into it's stall in the garage. Glad I fixed the brakes as she pushed pretty good. And I had no help, always fun. But now I have nothing to do car wise, since I can't get to much in the garage. So I wait.

Weekend's here, YEAH!!! Got to do balljoints tomorrow for a friend on his blazer. Not much else planned. What are you guy's planning for the weekend?

One cup to start the morning, knocked out those balljoints, welded in 2 new flex sections in the exhaust on my son's friends VW, had dinner and now just chilling out.

Woke up and the coffee is ready, forgot to change the time on the coffee maker. No matter though it was just ready and sitting waiting for a hour. Good thing it wasn't spring I would of had to turn it on and wait for it.

Got the dog walked 3.5 miles, now to go heat up what I forgot in my thermos yesterday. Feel spacey without my team playing today.

MMM, my first real cup of coffee in 5 days.
airline and Mexican resort coffee does not count. not sure if it really tastes that bad or is it just the alcohol damage from the previous day!
At least there was not snow on the ground when I got back. Ice on the windshield this morning though.

It's been pretty nice here. Partly sunny and 45-50° here today. I had a great day. I sold 2 used scan tools I had leftover from the tool business.

I had to put a starter on one of my 96 Dakota's today. No crank, just a little click. Cables clean, battery tested ok. (7 years old) I'm shocked. It just so happened that I had a starter from a stroker motor I had bought. Saved some coin there.

I had to put a starter on one of my 96 Dakota's today. No crank, just a little click. Cables clean, battery tested ok. (7 years old) I'm shocked. It just so happened that I had a starter from a stroker motor I had bought. Saved some coin there.
Love finding that I have what I need for an unexpected repair on a shelf in the garage. It appeases my hoarding gene!

I was told I'm "half-assing" it, by buying parts for different vehicles instead of concentrating on one at a time. She'll never get it!

I am actually in the stage of getting rid of everything I have not touched in a year, between the test sets and distributors I am getting out of space fast!

I am actually in the stage of getting rid of everything I have not touched in a year, between the test sets and distributors I am getting out of space fast!
That's next year's plan, of course I'll keep all those parts for my cars I've bought.

Had my FuFu coffee, and now in on to this for a "nightcap" before I get some sleep:

IMG_20171108_075404.jpg

Think it's fitting, don't you?

Well winter is finally here, getting to the freezing point here and it will stay, really need to put some sort of heat in the shop to keep thing from freezing, did a mod to my parts cleaner just for this!

DSC02059.JPG

DSC02061.JPG

It's been pretty nice here. Partly sunny and 45-50° here today. I had a great day. I sold 2 used scan tools I had leftover from the tool business.
What scan tools did you have? What tool business?
If it's a Nippondenso you can just replace the plunger and contacts in the solenoid. A lot of times the plunger can be wire wheeled and you can use these contacts from Dorman

Dorman Products - 02349

It's a Nip for sure. That's probably all it needs. Like the old Delco starters. The brass ring could be turned or filed and bingo! It's a 160,000 mile old starter though. I think I'll use it for a core.

Back