• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Spindle/Rotor/Caliper interchanceability.

Thanks 7! I try to help those who don't know & when a guy on another forum was asking about the brace in a thread I walked outside & laid it on my spray table & snapped it
That one pic has helped countless others over the years

Two ways of doing it

Drill your 150 steering arms from 5/8" to 3/4" & bolt them to the one ton spindles & put it on

OOOOOr

Drill the holes in the frame from 5/8" to 3/4" & bolt the entire front suspension on using everything including the one ton tierods & sleeves ,springs etc
If it rides too rough with the springs you can play with Dodge van springs until you get the desired ride or if you want a 2-3" drop use your 150 springs

The 2-3 inch drop was the plan as I am doing an axle flip with the Dana 70. Thanks.

Thanks 7! I try to help those who don't know & when a guy on another forum was asking about the brace in a thread I walked outside & laid it on my spray table & snapped it
That one pic has helped countless others over the years

You've been a great help and I appreciate it. Thanks.

Just one more thing. Those part numbers come up as inner tie rods. I thought if anything The outers needed replacing. Am I missin somethin?

ES424r & L are inner & outer for a 3800# & heavier axle

You can use 78-98? Van LCA's & drill your arms to fit the spindle & get the same results for drop & less $$$ spent on parts here's a pic of one on my RC

SAM_3405.jpg

I gotchya. Thank you. I have read though that the van LCAs require some grinding around where the bushing presses in to clear the frame. I already have two new LCAs for the one ton so I have that much. Will I need different sleeves for the tie rods or are the 1/2 tons the same?

Ok. Thanks. I guess I should get some pics of this up somewhere. It's a cool project. I think you'll like it.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Maybe some Mopar will rub off on that Big Block Chevy sitting beside it

I like the Corvette water pump!

Wait till you see the induction system. Different doesn't begin to describe it.

I saw a setup at a swap meet that looked like a TunePort runner section turned backward with sidedraft webers for that Hemi

Naw, I have the old truck intake. It's a high rise dual 1 barrel. I adapted 2 GM large base 350 CFM 2GCs to it. It's pretty cool. I should have it together in a few days.

Yeah......I have to pick the intake up from the sheen shop. That's about 60 miles one way. I will have it some time next week.

Back