• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Putting life into perspective

God! I wish I knew more!!! "Kick down cable" what I was told, after I brought it back they took her up on the bay and did some things. Then the trans. guy took me out on the truck, we went up a few hills in the vecinity, it kick's down now. I'm on my way to work and will be taking the 'Toll-Road', it's all "Up and Down", we'll let you know tonight. I'll take pics. tomorrow.
I really need to adjust the Carb's bro! Bad iddle, to much gas going in it. Help?
Back in the early 90's Dodge went to a cable set up but before that it was a rod . Unless , like I said it was swapped out at one point in time . But judging from where this truck came from before you I doubt it was ever swapped to a cable . Either way it can be adjusted and the guy at the transmission shop "should" know how to adjust it . Hell , he should have already adjusted it because that's part of his job on the install . There should be a steel rod going from your carb ( drivers side ) down to the side of your transmission where your shifter linkage connects . The carb running rich could be anything from out of adjustment , in need of a tune up , in need of a rebuild , float to low , etc. .

Back in the early 90's Dodge went to a cable set up but before that it was a rod . Unless , like I said it was swapped out at one point in time . But judging from where this truck came from before you I doubt it was ever swapped to a cable . Either way it can be adjusted and the guy at the transmission shop "should" know how to adjust it . Hell , he should have already adjusted it because that's part of his job on the install . There should be a steel rod going from your carb ( drivers side ) down to the side of your transmission where your shifter linkage connects . The carb running rich could be anything from out of adjustment , in need of a tune up , in need of a rebuild , float to low , etc. .
Thank you Bear. I will show the MoFo what you wrote tomorrow! In the meantime, gonna upload a vid. So you and LocuMob can tell me what the heck is happening with my electrical.
Ps. Don't know how to upload a vid. But gonna try now.

Man! I'm slightly frustrated! Can upload Fotos but can't figure out how to for Video. Why does all of these different forums need to be difficult!
Keep it F'N simple man! Don't re-invent the wheel!!!! Fack!

Thank you Bear. I will show the MoFo what you wrote tomorrow! In the meantime, gonna upload a vid. So you and LocuMob can tell me what the heck is happening with my electrical.
Ps. Don't know how to upload a vid. But gonna try now.
I'd be real curious on what he had to say about it. He "should" already know about the kick down . That is "if" he knows anything about transmissions . That's what controls your fluid pressure and tells the transmission when to shift as well as your passing gear . If it's misadjusted then your transmission will not shift at the correct times . Either to early or to late and eventually toast your transmission .

Man! I'm slightly frustrated! Can upload Fotos but can't figure out how to for Video. Why does all of these different forums need to be difficult!
Keep it F'N simple man! Don't re-invent the wheel!!!! Fack!
lol , Don't feel bad . I haven't figured that one out yet either .

Hey G.W. don't fret, I've never evenn tried to upload video here. I'm guessing the movie script just left of the + sign above the reply box.

Prob need to post it on U tube then post it here.
I "thought" ( key word thought ) you where supposed to be able to post videos straight from your file to the site ? But I'm a lot better with a wrench then I am with a computer , so what do I know ? o_O

I'd be real curious on what he had to say about it. He "should" already know about the kick down . That is "if" he knows anything about transmissions . That's what controls your fluid pressure and tells the transmission when to shift as well as your passing gear . If it's misadjusted then your transmission will not shift at the correct times . Either to early or to late and eventually toast your transmission .
I'm heading down to SCAAMCO! right now, see what they have to say and or do about this. Wish me Luck! Ya'll.

Okay, I'm here at SCAAMCO. And yes, it's still a rod to adjust. Gonna see what they do right now, it's in the bay.

This should be an ask Joey thingy!
Just did. Mr. Joeychango said, not from personal file. Then I ask what would be another way too? Waiting for response. I think you're right Mr. Hops. Probably download on YouTube then upload on FTO. We'll see what he say's

Back