• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Putting life into perspective

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
Just found out that my brother in law and my nephew were in an a tv accident yesterday. The nephew seems to be okay with a bump on the head. My brother in law however cracked his skull, has bleeding around his brain, a broken clavical, and fractured ribs. They called in a neurosurgeon. I don't know what exactly happened, just his condition. My sister is a mess flying way further around the country than she needs to, probably 5 times the distance needed. Say a prayer for my brother in law, and hug those who you love.

I am so sorry to hear that "LocoMob" . My thoughts and my prayers are with him and your family .

Surgery went well. My sister said he's woken up a few times and is a smart ass, so that good! Thanks for your thoughts prayers. Scary situation to have to deal with. Waiting always sucks.

He's being a smart ass already ? Oh , He's going to be just fine . :) Thanks for letting us know .

He's being a smart ass already ? Oh , He's going to be just fine . :) Thanks for letting us know .

Hope so. Have to wait for a scan tomorrow to find out. It was good to hear him described that way.

I know he's not out of the woods yet , but it sounds like he's going in the right direction . Keep the faith my friend , were still rooting for him to get well .

That is great news!
It is. He has another surgery today if the scan is okay. He was up and talked to my sister on the phone. He was in pain but doing much better. His son is doing fine, bumps and scratches. My sister said he was much more mature thanks she thought he would be, he's only 5

Glad to hear he's doing better . You have to give it to the little one as well . He's probably ready for another ride . Not that you or any of the other adults are though . lol

They pushed his surgery back to Thursday due to higher priority cases, and he's been moved out of ICU to a regular room, so that's good news. Rehab after that. Sounds like all week at the hospital. My sister and her son are flying back to DC, then she's coming back in like 2 days. I hope she finds shorter flights!

Hey "LocuMob" , Let him know we'll be thinking of him tomorrow .

Sorry to hear! Things like that remind us of how lucky we all are.

Sorry to hear! Things like that remind us of how lucky we all are.
It sure does. He had another surgery, I think, and is doing better. I got a pic, he looks like craps, head wrapped up, shoulder wrapped, road rash, bumps and cuts. My sister is there again with him. Sounds like he might be leaving the hospital sometime soonish.He's gonna be sore for awhile.

He's gonna be sore for a "long" while . But if he's leaving the hospital soon , that's definitely a good sign .

Just found out that my brother in law and my nephew were in an a tv accident yesterday. The nephew seems to be okay with a bump on the head. My brother in law however cracked his skull, has bleeding around his brain, a broken clavical, and fractured ribs. They called in a neurosurgeon. I don't know what exactly happened, just his condition. My sister is a mess flying way further around the country than she needs to, probably 5 times the distance needed. Say a prayer for my brother in law, and hug those who you love.
Amen! Very sorry to hear brother. I believe in 'Positive Thoughts' And I believe that if there is ten of us thinking the same positive thoughts then all of the thoughts becomes a super energy. So, all I need is nine more folsk to have one thought. "Dear God". Please help LocuMob brother-inlaw heal and be well! Amen! Remember folks. You don't need to carry the cross nor drink from his gobblet to believe in a God... As long as you believe there is a God.

My brother in law is on his way back to Maryland. He got kicked out of the hospital! If you are active/retired military, Tricare is a mess! Anyways he is out and going home to deal with the BS from the comfort of his own home. He has to do PT and the like. Calls to congressmen, who sadly understood the process better than the hospital/insurance idiots, have been made, emails sent, etc, to help out a 20+ year Air Force Vet. He stopped by a couple of sporting good stores to cheer him up along the way! He's got a lot of people cheering for him and I thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts. Give everyone you love a big hug today!

Back