• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Putting life into perspective

I hear the vet issues, I am also retired usn/usaf after 25 years. Lost my job and been fighting with the va for 6 years, calls to congressmen etc are a waste of my time.

My brother in law is on his way back to Maryland. He got kicked out of the hospital! If you are active/retired military, Tricare is a mess! Anyways he is out and going home to deal with the BS from the comfort of his own home. He has to do PT and the like. Calls to congressmen, who sadly understood the process better than the hospital/insurance idiots, have been made, emails sent, etc, to help out a 20+ year Air Force Vet. He stopped by a couple of sporting good stores to cheer him up along the way! He's got a lot of people cheering for him and I thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts. Give everyone you love a big hug today!
I come from a military family and my boy is in the USAF as we speak and I get more then a lil pissed off at Uncle Sam when I hear that "any" of our boys are getting mistreated or not getting the care that they need . So I'm just going to bite my tongue and say that I'm glad he's on his way home to get better and hopefully get the care he's going to need .

My brother in law is on his way back to Maryland. He got kicked out of the hospital! If you are active/retired military, Tricare is a mess! Anyways he is out and going home to deal with the BS from the comfort of his own home. He has to do PT and the like. Calls to congressmen, who sadly understood the process better than the hospital/insurance idiots, have been made, emails sent, etc, to help out a 20+ year Air Force Vet. He stopped by a couple of sporting good stores to cheer him up along the way! He's got a lot of people cheering for him and I thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts. Give everyone you love a big hug today!
It trully pisses me off to read this! There are three (3) U.S. Army generations in my family.
My Father: World War II, Korea and Vietnam.
My Brother: Still active, joined up in 1978! 82nd Airborne. Seen it all and done it all!
My Eldest Son: 7th. Armor Infantry Medic.
This is not! The same country our Father's, Brother's and Son's fought for!!!
So sorry to hear, but I am glad he has good folks around him.
God bless!

The men and women of our military fight for this country . They shouldn't have to fight to get proper medical care !

My Brother: Still active, joined up in 1978! 82nd Airborne. Seen it all and done it all!

My girlfriend's daughter and son in law were 82nd airborne when they were active duty. Now they are reserves here in Minnesota.

This country has been poor to the vets since Korea. Sad indeed.

I am one of the lucky ones! I have heard some real horror stories. Did 8 in the USN active got out to have family time then went into the reserves, hated it then switched to the Hawaii Air guard then fell into SPECOPS (rescue)then NY, CA and finally PA, deployed at least 12 times to hell holes for the last 16 yrs. Got a shot, got really dizzy like drunk on a roller coaster while helping out with the Haiti earthquake, gort a med discharge and been fighting with them since 2010!

I am one of the lucky ones! I have heard some real horror stories. Did 8 in the USN active got out to have family time then went into the reserves, hated it then switched to the Hawaii Air guard then fell into SPECOPS (rescue)then NY, CA and finally PA, deployed at least 12 times to hell holes for the last 16 yrs. Got a shot, got really dizzy like drunk on a roller coaster while helping out with the Haiti earthquake, gort a med discharge and been fighting with them since 2010!
Thank you for serving for our Country!
FUCK the "System!".

Thanks man, many worse than me. the docs are great, one actually put my spouse in her place. I got a letter saying my claim for throat cancer was denied! Never had it but the wife read it and every time I coughed she wanted me to go to the ER. Took almost a year before she believed me that I did not have it. Went to my VA doc and she asked him and he laughed, she asked what would work for me and he said drink more beer! Got to love it!

Thanks man, many worse than me. the docs are great, one actually put my spouse in her place. I got a letter saying my claim for throat cancer was denied! Never had it but the wife read it and every time I coughed she wanted me to go to the ER. Took almost a year before she believed me that I did not have it. Went to my VA doc and she asked him and he laughed, she asked what would work for me and he said drink more beer! Got to love it!
Lol! That was a feel good story! Glad to hear.

Now "that's" a Doctor I can relate too ! lol !

On a more positive note fellas! Got the truck back today after taking it back three times: 1. New brakes; I got into the truck and the pedals went all the way to the floor.
2. Full rebuild on transmission and it still slips.
3. There was no adjustments to 'Kick Down cable'... Ha!
So now they offer free carb install and time up. So my question is, what carbs should I buy? I'm asking so I don't make the same $3800 mistake again!

On a more positive note fellas! Got the truck back today after taking it back three times: 1. New brakes; I got into the truck and the pedals went all the way to the floor.
So now they offer free carb install and time up. So my question is, what carbs should I buy? I'm asking so I don't make the same $3800 mistake again!
I would demand all labor money back, ask for receipts for parts to verify they actually got them (rotors you know they got) and money back for parts not installed. There is no excuse that the truck doesn't have brakes set up properly and trans not rebuilt. Hate to say it, but this is the experience I have had with Aamco shops. I hope you get most of your money back. I would be raising holy hell if in your shoes.

Demand the manager go for a test drive with you, go out on a busy highway a d get it up to 80, tailgate someone and ask him if he thinks the brakes will stop you. Don't let off the gas til he agrees to refund most if not all your money.

Un-friggen believable ! You should have "no" issues with the brakes or the transmission ! I agree with both Locumob and Hops . By the way there shouldn't be any kick down cable it should be a kick down rod on your truck unless someone installed a Lokar set up or something like that . If it's still the rod then on some , the adjustment is down on the lever on the side of your transmission and on some there's an adjustment up at the carb . I've even seem some where's there both . If It's a Lokar set up ( cable ) then it's at the carb . I'll see if I have any pictures on file of them for you . But either way , you have to straighten out this tranny guy . What's his excuse or excuse's for all of this ?

I would demand all labor money back, ask for receipts for parts to verify they actually got them (rotors you know they got) and money back for parts not installed. There is no excuse that the truck doesn't have brakes set up properly and trans not rebuilt. Hate to say it, but this is the experience I have had with Aamco shops. I hope you get most of your money back. I would be raising holy hell if in your shoes.
My brother! The paperwork are rolling. I should have checked on 'Yelp' (I don't use the app but now I will) There were so many horror stories on Yelp from locals! We are in the process of filling a complaint to BBB, CARB(California Automotive Repair Business) and filling a small claims (court). In reading these reviews, I guess the owners have a few out of court settlements and pendings. We'll see what happens.

Demand the manager go for a test drive with you, go out on a busy highway a d get it up to 80, tailgate someone and ask him if he thinks the brakes will stop you. Don't let off the gas til he agrees to refund most if not all your money.
Lol! Brilliant!

Un-friggen believable ! You should have "no" issues with the brakes or the transmission ! I agree with both Locumob and Hops . By the way there shouldn't be any kick down cable it should be a kick down rod on your truck unless someone installed a Lokar set up or something like that . If it's still the rod then on some , the adjustment is down on the lever on the side of your transmission and on some there's an adjustment up at the carb . I've even seem some where's there both . If It's a Lokar set up ( cable ) then it's at the carb . I'll see if I have any pictures on file of them for you . But either way , you have to straighten out this tranny guy . What's his excuse or excuse's for all of this ?
God! I wish I knew more!!! "Kick down cable" what I was told, after I brought it back they took her up on the bay and did some things. Then the trans. guy took me out on the truck, we went up a few hills in the vecinity, it kick's down now. I'm on my way to work and will be taking the 'Toll-Road', it's all "Up and Down", we'll let you know tonight. I'll take pics. tomorrow.
I really need to adjust the Carb's bro! Bad iddle, to much gas going in it. Help?

Back