• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My Father & Son Dodge Truck build.

So then, onto the dash I go.... On Dads truck, The dash had some different coloring going on, why? I don't know! I am not sure if he got it that way, or if it was a repair or what, I just know the center portion of the dash was a bit weird with it being black! BUT because it was, I went with it! Also the gauge area wasn't chrome like mine was, his was black. The top portion of the dash was the same base interior color being tan!
13dad573fb95fbfa73c9075ddd77b0c0.jpg

So to reflect the colors, I did what it needed and got right to detail painting the gauges and all.
f37784911bb77f259853f5e537b78dda.jpg

A little better view of what I have done. I have yet to paint the radio in, and the steering column is being made (its different as well from my truck!) I have to add the automatic gear shift, as well as the indicator for it, and a key "bung". It already has a turn signal lever so thats good! PLUS, the stock steering wheel I got for it as well.... A bit yet to go, but looking food so far! Coming right along! Once the interior to this truck is done, I'll be able to get to doing body work to both these trucks!!!!
Thats it for now, as always comments welcome, ENJOY!

Thanks Bear!!!!! Much appreciated! I don't see my stuff that I build all that but I am hearing differently in A LOT of places, from A LOT of people.... So, maybe, I'm just to hard on myself? I dunno..... I enjoy it tho! Been a hobby for me most of my life!

I haven't built a model in a long time, loved it as a kid and still do. But I sure don't have the skill you do. Just awesome!

Thanks Sporty! Yeah I been building since I was a kid too.. went from Model Cars & Trucks, to Model Trains and now back to model cars!!!!!

The train models built skill, yeah, for sure, but now it really shows in the model cars...... Plus, I used to be a real auto body man, and painted A LOT of real cars over the years.... And one thing I tell those who build models, I ask them, "How do you build a show quality model?........ KNOW the REAL thing!"

So far that seems to be holding true!

NOW A pause......... I sat "My" truck down to get right into building Dad's.... They both were build side-by-side Simultaneously....

So the following postings will be of Dad's truck! -ENJOY!
Man you have some talent 67 Power Wagon. I know what it takes to work all those small parts. Very Cool!

Back