• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lets see your Dodge trucks! Post some Pic's!

Here is the 1941 Plymouth PT125 1/2-ton pickup I owned for a couple of years. It has a 1958 Plymouth flathead Six with Offenhauser head and lots of chrome goodies! I sold this to a guy in Dallas last Summer, and he drove it back to Dallas on the state highways. Now, it is for sale through a Dallas classic car dealer with some chrome smoothies and wide whites that just don't fit the look of the truck at all! The wheels shown on the truck were on it when I bought it, and they soon came off in favor of cream-painted steel wheels, blackwall radials and bullet center caps and lugnuts.

This was the final year for a US-built Plymouth pickup, and very few were built - about one-tenth the number of Dodges and roughly half the number of Fargo pickups.

plymout truck07.jpg

plymouth engine.JPG

plymouth truck01.jpg

plymouth truck02.jpg

Here is the 1941 Plymouth PT125 1/2-ton pickup I owned for a couple of years. It has a 1958 Plymouth flathead Six with Offenhauser head and lots of chrome goodies! I sold this to a guy in Dallas last Summer, and he drove it back to Dallas on the state highways. Now, it is for sale through a Dallas classic car dealer with some chrome smoothies and wide whites that just don't fit the look of the truck at all! The wheels shown on the truck were on it when I bought it, and they soon came off in favor of cream-painted steel wheels, blackwall radials and bullet center caps and lugnuts.

This was the final year for a US-built Plymouth pickup, and very few were built - about one-tenth the number of Dodges and roughly half the number of Fargo pickups.
You just can't beat the lines of those ole Dodges !

I'll start it off. Sold this one a couple of years ago, but I'm always looking for another one.

76 bigblock 4speed 8 & 3/4

I currently have a 96 Dodge Ram 4x4, but I don't have any pictures of it. I'll have to work on that. I have also owned numerous 80's style dodge trucks in the past. I'll take a look to see if I got any pic's laying around.

I'll start it off. Sold this one a couple of years ago, but I'm always looking for another one.

I currently have a 96 Dodge Ram 4x4, but I don't have any pictures of it. I'll have to work on that. I have also owned numerous 80's style dodge trucks in the past. I'll take a look to see if I got any pic's laying around.
Hola amigo! tell me about your suspension set up PLEASE!

71 w 100

Here's my 71 PW. Sold my 02 Cummins due to $4K in repairs so built this one. All 78 3/4 ton running gear. Put the 383 mag from my 70 challenger in it & 2006 seats w/ double console.
Am Fm 8 track, tilt wheel. Gonna switch the Dana's from 3.55's to 4.10's as the 35" BFG's need the rpms.
Dammit! So freaking
71 w 100

Here's my 71 PW. Sold my 02 Cummins due to $4K in repairs so built this one. All 78 3/4 ton running gear. Put the 383 mag from my 70 challenger in it & 2006 seats w/ double console.
Am Fm 8 track, tilt wheel. Gonna switch the Dana's from 3.55's to 4.10's as the 35" BFG's need the rpms.
Dammit! So freakin COOL!

If you are still active member Sir. What kind of drop suspension you purchased or used?

I'm new to this board, but a regular over at forabodiesonly for last 2 years. I have a protouring '71Demon as well as this '71 sweptline. I just picked this truck up, still needs a bunch of work, but how it looks is how it will stay. Kinda rat rod, I will bag it and put some nice wheels/rubber on it and a econo smallblock/904 trans. Needs a bit of interior work then that should be it. Its my econo project, I went crazy on my Demon with the $$$$, so the only way I could have another toy is if I promised wife it would be cheap. No new parts will be purchased. Its rolling on a 86' Caprice chassis so some mods will need to be done to use mopar drivetrain. Chevy ten bolt will probably stay in the rear.
truckn.jpg

truck1un.jpg

photozuc.jpg
Sic! You crazy North...north Camericans!

The thing is, nearly every old, collectable, valuable vehicle was at one time a 10-15 year old, well worn, outdated car that was worth very little. Just like all of the muscle cars of the late 60's and early 70's; after the first oil embargo of 1973 and the price of gas shot up, those gas guzzeling muscle cars suddenly became the unwanted stepchild of the auto manufacturer, dealer and the guy owning one. After the second oil embargo and the price of gas went up even more, those muscle cars became the equivelent of the unemployed, lazy brother-in-law living under your roof and sponging off of you. Nobody wanted them at that point and the few people that still used them as an everyday driver couldn't get shucked of them fast enough.

Look at the 64 Mustangs, now very collectable but by 1975 the were sagging rust buckets that were being crushed right and left because very few people wanted them. 57 Chevies were the same. It was just a matter or time before the first generation Thunderbirds became an outdated design that was useless when the kids started coming along. And while considered very cool now, had then been money making great sellers, Ford wouldn't have turned them into big 6 passenger road barges with a trunk nearly big enough to stuff the 1st gen Thunderbird into. About the only American cars that can-could be depended upon to remain desirable are Corvettes and the old Dusenbergs and Cords. So don't beat yourself up for ridding yourself of that 10-15 year old rust bucket way back when.
Thank you Yoda, Wikipidia Master...

Back