• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Do as well as can be expected. Dropped the lift gate on the truck on my head yesterday. Trip to the ER and six stitches later. Cat scan came back ok. No fracture or internal bleeding.
Back today feels like something tried driving me into the ground.
Best we can tell the safety latch tripped allowing the gate to lower. When it gets low enough the gate swings down on it's own. That's when it got me.
Around 100 lbs of swinging metal.
Ouch!

Nice weather the last few days. My oldest got 2 tickets to Saturday's Michigan game, so we watched the butt whooping live and in person.

Mich game.jpg

I hoped U Conn got well paid for the punishment they took

Bipolar weather here the last few days, 80, 95, and a claimed 67 for today. I didn't do squat outside yesterday, and the doggos are a little wound up today. Getting adjusted to the night schedule, thankfully the dogs haven't barked much while I've slept, so that's good. Gonna try to get some more yard work done, the new couch inside, old one outside, move some scrap to the curb, and whatever else I can think of. Then continue cleaning inside after dark.

Fall has brought cooler temps, Thursday morning was 39 and got up to the 60's. It was in the 60's yesterday and also today.

I saw this while I was out and about.

4500 pickup.jpg

GM 4500 with a modified truck box. I didn't look, but I assume it's a Duramax with a Allison. The fuel mileage will be horrible I bet. I don't know if he's compensating for something?

Rained yesterday, rained today and rain forecasted for part of tomorrow. At least it's not a hurricane, I feel for anyone in Florida

It's been very nice, lows in the 50's, highs in the 70's. Went and got my Monaco wagon, and have been readjusting back to a night schedule and have been unproductive the last few days. Here's another shameless picture of the car!

PXL_20221003_174652643.jpg

It goes to work tomorrow, and I'll weigh it on the scales. It towed like shit with a U-Haul truck and trailer.

That's a little big for today's standard U-Haul trailer. Just a guess but 5000 to 5200 lbs maybe more. The old 76 Town and Country Wagon weighted in at 5800 with a full tank of fuel. Through 7 people and luggage in and it never missed a gas station. We even crossed a few bridges with 3 ton limits real slow.

That's a little big for today's standard U-Haul trailer. Just a guess but 5000 to 5200 lbs maybe more. The old 76 Town and Country Wagon weighted in at 5800 with a full tank of fuel. Through 7 people and luggage in and it never missed a gas station. We even crossed a few bridges with 3 ton limits real slow.
Tows much better behind a 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel. Wagons have close to 50/50 weight distribution vs the nose heavy two door hardtops I usually haul home. If I would have had a Ford, it would have been better, they sit higher than the Chevrolet does.

I'm guessing 4600-4700.

Big weather change in one day, yesterday was 70 and rain rolled in temps dropped and today's high was only 50

Chilly when I get off work at 7am, too chilly to take the wagon for a cruise. But it will be 50 on Tuesday morning, so I'm gonna fire up the old gal, and take her for a spin! It will be nice for my two days off. Haven't even driven it since I unloaded it, been too lazy and tired on my days off. Only three more nights, then I go back to days for four weeks.

Chilly when I get off work at 7am, too chilly to take the wagon for a cruise. But it will be 50 on Tuesday morning, so I'm gonna fire up the old gal, and take her for a spin! It will be nice for my two days off. Haven't even driven it since I unloaded it, been too lazy and tired on my days off. Only three more nights, then I go back to days for four weeks.
These days and nights a rotating schedule?

These days and nights a rotating schedule?
Yeah, just started four weeks ago. The night shifts needed to learn more, so they thought it would be good to have us rotate. They haven't learned much, and there isn't anyone training them. Real smart, upper management.

Back