• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Time is just starting for outside projects but it maybe a short window. I am hoping for two good months. Got to get the transmission install started on the Ford today. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and its outside.

Transmission is up in place and on guide pins. It got dark before I got the converter to starter ring bolts to align. Another one of Fords better ideas. If it isn't raining in the morning back at it.

Cloudy and overcast most of the day, more rain came in about 5:00 and storms will roll through until about 10:00 tonight

It is as 76 yesterday and I enjoyed my 75-80mph blast up to Minneapolis, about 120 miles each way. Traffic was moving, so I did too. Got to play in rush hour that wasn't a that bad considering what I'm used to. The car is a blast to drive, and got plenty of looks.

A little warmer today, hop ng to get some things done at home after work, cleaning and small projects, I'm the garage. Hard to work in a place that's a mess.

Going to give the back another day of rest and then go attack the Ford again. Transmission is attached to the engine. Just have the final touches left ( exhaust, transmission crossmember) end the usual. Why Ford has made working on these such a pain is just unreal.

Rained all night , heavy at times, and very windy, thunder and lightning today, Bob cleaned all the gutters yesterday and put moss control on the roof,

We got almost 2 inches of rain here,
D661319B-5DAF-4D25-81B5-BA26B820EDCC.jpeg

D** Ford's coming apart again. I thought I had it licked until checking for the O2 sensor wires before installing the exhaust. No right bank #1 any where in sight. Got pinched off between the trans and engine block. No room to connect the wires back together with the transmission in the truck so out it comes again.

D** Ford's coming apart again. I thought I had it licked until checking for the O2 sensor wires before installing the exhaust. No right bank #1 any where in sight. Got pinched off between the trans and engine block. No room to connect the wires back together with the transmission in the truck so out it comes again.
Cut right through the wires or are they just pinched in between?

Cut right through the wires or are they just pinched in between?
Cut right threw them. Got it all apart, wires fixed and almost back together. Got to find some new nuts for the torque converter and a grommet for the fill tube. All the big stuff is done.

Rained last night. This morning was a little on the chili side at 70 degrees but warmed up nicely this afternoon. It's nice not to have too listen to the ac run. The Ford will be taking it's first journey tomorrow.

Back