• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Finished
DEDC3E3E-6EDA-4EDB-A9E4-8115F47D9E6D.jpeg

Temperature is 89° humidity is 76%, wind out of the southwest. This could change into a thunderstorm really fast later on.

Warm again today, only about 80 but 80% humidity. This was in the shop all week, it was my bosses dad's Jeep and now it's his sisters.

72 Jeep CJ5.jpg

72 CJ5, 304 powered.

There was an older Jeep for sale a block from where I work. I looked at the sign in the window from my car, and didn't see a price. Probably for the better, I've always liked and wanted a CJ, but I have no real need for one, just think they're cool.

We got some rain! Light showers when I left work, developed into big fat drops five miles later. The Fifth Ave did a little hydroplaning, not sure if it's the tires, thinking the fast amount of rain at the time. So sad that my winter driving skills made me not worry for a few seconds too many, but I'm also glad I have the skills to be calm as the car wanders like it's on ice. Got drenches on the way from the car to the house, and it was cold!

We got some rain! Light showers when I left work, developed into big fat drops five miles later. The Fifth Ave did a little hydroplaning, not sure if it's the tires, thinking the fast amount of rain at the time. So sad that my winter driving skills made me not worry for a few seconds too many, but I'm also glad I have the skills to be calm as the car wanders like it's on ice. Got drenches on the way from the car to the house, and it was cold!
Winter is not far off in the far north. Cold burr.

Last 3 days have been hot and humid, high 80's and high humidity 70-80%. They keep talking rain, but I am still waiting. We need rain

Transmission for the Ford went to the shop yesterday. Just got tired of messing with it. Just another $2500 down the drain and the shop is being kind.

We got some rain the other day, about an inch. Chances for rain the next five or six days, not big storms but we'll take whatever can get. Don't think it's gonna help the crops much, they got fried this year.

Fifth, third and first clutch packs were toast. All pistons need replacement. Just a note on the pistons never use fluid treatments in a transmission. They may work short term but are very destructive to rubber parts. Two more solenoids, pump and torque converter.
For warranty measures all the fibers and steels were replaced. It appears some ones bandage approach and my inexperience with this transmission cost me a bunch of money this time. Going to try picking it up next week.

Back