• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Another day over 100 humidity at 65%. Exhaust you really fast.
Worked on Grandson Explorer for a bit as he didn't think his A/C was up to snuff. Everything checked out ok but was a little on the low side. Need to see if I can find a self seal can for no more than it may take. Can not see tapping a can.
Worked the rest of the afternoon clean out the back of a truck. Got some more shelf work to do in it to get all the tools put away. Got till Thursday evening to finish it up.

Mowed the church this morning, a little rain rolled through about 2:30 this afternoon but didn't last long. Sun came back out and made a nice evening

Suffered through the heat and being out of shape while loading two parts cars with no steering! But the stepson, his dad and I got them loaded and over to the dad's farm site. Stuck them back in the field out of site. We have a big slab to use when I cut them up, one will be gone in a couple of weeks, I hope the other follows in another two weeks.

PXL_20210619_233543856.jpg

Storm and rain last night. Has cooled off into the 70's. Feels good but almost chilly after 80 lows and upper 90's highs.
Garden was needing the rain. But we're back in the mud again.

Rained overnight, it cooled down today with a high in the 70's. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the high 60's

When I was mowing the church Saturday I found this in ditch.

ditch find.jpg

It looks like a Colorado fender flare and mud flap

I believe this can caused the parts to come off. I don't know if someone went in the ditch or there was a small accident 🤔

can.jpg

Yesterday was nice but today is getting warmer. Later this week will be back to the 90's with more rain for the end of the week.
Finally getting to the transmission removal on the Ford. Fighting an exhaust nut that was put on by hand and now a month later doesn't want to come off.
It really needs to come out today. So an going to have some fun.

It was beautiful yesterday, in the upper 60's. Went to the Twin Cities in the Cicada, it was a perfect day for racking up almost 300 miles.

Today was forecast for a high of 90, we didn't get out of the 70's though, which was fine with me. Maybe the same tomorrow, maybe 90, I'll have to wait to find out.

Last edited:
Got the transmission out of the Ford. Ended up cutting a nut off the exhaust with the air chisel. Will have to clean up the threads on the stud tomorrow and get a new nut. Transmission has been disabled as far as it needs to go. Pump will go to the transmission shop in the morning. Need it all back together by Thursday afternoon.
Hopefully the throttle cable came in for the Dodge today. Was supposed to be here last Friday.

Not going well. They are telling me the pumps shot. Still waiting on a throttle cable. Two trucks down. This sucks.

We have a very hot and unusual weather pattern starting today for our areaView attachment 19530View attachment 19531
Drink plenty of fluids and try to stay comfortable. Doctors have told me beer is not a good hydrator. Some how I have always seen a flaw in it. This country would not even exist as we see it today without beer. The Pilgrims even had to do something to the eastern swamp water to make it drinkable.

Still wet 100% humidity fortunately the temperature is in the 70's. With that much humidity how could it not be raining but for now it is not.

Back