• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Been a while since I've been on, but seemed like a good time to make an appearance. Thanks to the freak windstorm we got here in the PNW, multiple fires sparked up across the state, one of which was within 40 miles. Woke up to dark, smokey red skies raining ash, coulda swore I woke up in a parallel dimension. Fire was in a different valley and looking to bypass us, but a wind change at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME sent it over the ridge and barreling straight toward the house. The second they said it was headed our way I packed up what I could and left, by the time I got out we were under level 1 alert. As of this evening, I made it to my aunt and uncle's place when it was declared a level 3 mandatory evacuation. Really hoping it stops short at the river or the main road. Aside from not wanting to lose my childhood home, I don't wanna be left homeless with only my pup, a few necessities, a few sentimental items and the clothes on my back.

We had very high winds and very smoky Monday, a lot of power outages, funny watching our thick headed son work on our old truck, won’t listen to his dad’s advice,
0B9CFF5A-4091-4817-839C-AB2A675E2C8A.jpeg

5096A8F9-7BC3-4CF3-BFFA-14E0E2F7A533.jpeg

Last edited:
Been a while since I've been on, but seemed like a good time to make an appearance. Thanks to the freak windstorm we got here in the PNW, multiple fires sparked up across the state, one of which was within 40 miles. Woke up to dark, smokey red skies raining ash, coulda swore I woke up in a parallel dimension. Fire was in a different valley and looking to bypass us, but a wind change at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME sent it over the ridge and barreling straight toward the house. The second they said it was headed our way I packed up what I could and left, by the time I got out we were under level 1 alert. As of this evening, I made it to my aunt and uncle's place when it was declared a level 3 mandatory evacuation. Really hoping it stops short at the river or the main road. Aside from not wanting to lose my childhood home, I don't wanna be left homeless with only my pup, a few necessities, a few sentimental items and the clothes on my back.
I'm going to be in the Medford area in a month, could be an interesting drive through Oregon.

We are headed to Arizona in November. Weather will dedicate the route. I would really like to take 50 highway into Nevada and go south. This will be one trip with no time constraints.

Supposedly some coming tuesday or wednesday, if only that came sooner. For now it seems the ridge is holding it back, about 5 miles from the house. Just hope the winds don't shift again and push it over
Hope there is no chance of it trapping you.

Back