• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Is there a kit for this or are they just going to wing it?
Our son bought nice frame connectors to put frame section cut out back together, two new box sides, new fuel tank, did his homework on this job, just to bad he doesn’t do the manual work as hard as his dad

I have seen how others do it. It will be interesting to see how Bob does it.
Most here Z cut and box the the frame on the inside after welding the Z back together.

On our big 55 4x4 truck its frame is stepped and plated, Bob will weld in our sons kit he bought even though it doesn’t require it, inside and outside frame brackets
4AAE0F0F-CA8A-435F-BC9A-202FD2C245E8.jpeg
83E4C3B1-C2D5-4BB1-9C3B-DED4E137A22B.jpeg
88A530AF-3BFF-46C5-A344-14D695FBCB0F.jpeg
95DC54F9-B036-4AD7-9405-AC1F1C738926.jpeg
15E5BEED-F609-4D9D-A1B7-38B93107B0FF.jpeg
164C8C49-5D68-4E1D-A798-A73C6878E7A8.jpeg
C2253FC0-83CC-4F5D-9710-682758979452.jpeg

Hum! A kit for people that can not weld. I like the way Bob does it better. No bolts to worry about coming loose and you don't have to worry about cab mounts. or even mess with the cab.

Hum! A kit for people that can not weld. I like the way Bob does it better. No bolts to worry about coming loose and you don't have to worry about cab mounts. or even mess with the cab.
Ya I understand, Bob has always made his own brackets and welded all our trucks even though there are kits available to install 55-59 trucks on 73 up frames, Bob says our son doesn’t know the value of a dollar.

Rained here for 4 hours. I had 4 ton of rock to unload today. Got maybe a ton shoveled off this morning after the rain stopped. This afternoon will be vehicle moving time so there is room to dig a trench to drain an unwanted pond and divert some run off. My phone camera is not working so no pictures.

Sun came out late afternoon yesterday and I got my yard work done. Sun is out so far this morning, but it's kinda hazy.

Got one vehicle moved, one ton of rock off the trailer, two more to go. Also started digging a trench to drain the swamp yesterday. Will be working on the ditch for that again today. Got to get this all done so the transmission get fixed in the Ford.
Will be shopping for a new phone with a working camera so you all have pictures of the fun.

About to head out into the sun and humidity and strip a parts car, then cut pieces off another. I plan on sweating just a little bit today.

Got some vehicles moved. The Honda is on the first new pad. A Swale started to keep the swamp from spreading and the pond from filling again. Rain for the next four days so we will see how this goes.

It didn't get above 56 yesterday, kinda cold wearing shorts. Now it's only 48, gonna need to find a pair of jeans. I'm not ready for this!!!

Back