• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Yesterday was about 60, but sunny. Sunny today and about 64. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 70's, but thunderstorms late night and into early Tuesday morning.

Yesterday was about 60, but sunny. Sunny today and about 64. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 70's, but thunderstorms late night and into early Tuesday morning.
Rain is desperately needed here....our dams are only at 45% capacity - normally near 90% for this time of year. Population keeps growing thanks to immigration, but the infrastructure is not keeping up with the numbers required. Greenies won't allow more dams tobe built. meanwhile the CEO of the water Company is on a $770K salary for doing virtually nothing....didn't see him take a huge pay cut like everyone else.

Rain is desperately needed here....our dams are only at 45% capacity - normally near 90% for this time of year. Population keeps growing thanks to immigration, but the infrastructure is not keeping up with the numbers required. Greenies won't allow more dams tobe built. meanwhile the CEO of the water Company is on a $770K salary for doing virtually nothing....didn't see him take a huge pay cut like everyone else.
Sorry to hear this, we have had plenty of rain. If I could only send you some:rolleyes:

I could send him some also if possible. We got about 7 inches in the last week. The ground is so wet it just ran off.

Another beautiful day yesterday and today. Didn't know what to do with myself since I didn't have to move anything. I'm not sure if I have a week or two before I move into the house, the check is coming tomorrow, Tuesday, and I'm meeting with the seller Wednesday. If the lawyers quick enough, maybe this weekend. Either way will be fine, I just want to get my crap out if my storage unit and take my car for a drive.

No escrow or title search. It took two weeks to close on our last purchase. I questioned the wisdom of my relator and friend of trying to close on April Fools Day. This was to have been a one day affair to close on the existing and the new the same day.

I didn't realize it was 95 yesterday, but I did today. So glad the humidity is gone, until the storms roll through tonight. Got my check for the house, and I talk with the seller tomorrow so I'll know when I'm moving in. I have a four day stretch that I'm not scheduled to work, so maybe I can move everything to the house, but I'd like to get the painting out of the way first.

I didn't realize it was 95 yesterday, but I did today. So glad the humidity is gone, until the storms roll through tonight. Got my check for the house, and I talk with the seller tomorrow so I'll know when I'm moving in. I have a four day stretch that I'm not scheduled to work, so maybe I can move everything to the house, but I'd like to get the painting out of the way first.
The best way to do it if you can, my living room, kitchen and bedroom's were all done before we moved. The one hall and dining room were done after, but not any thing to move out of the way. We just worked around the table.

I had one ready to paint and them someone decided to take a wall out. Wall got removed today, now to get the ceiling supported again. I was supposed to have help doing this and the help bailed out on me.
Hope painting that new home goes better than this.

The best way to do it if you can, my living room, kitchen and bedroom's were all done before we moved. The one hall and dining room were done after, but not any thing to move out of the way. We just worked around the table.
I'm thinking paint the main level right away before I move the furniture in. It's only 1500 sq ft, so it shouldn't be too time consuming. I can stay where I'm at for a few more days to get it done. I'll have to unload the Dart so I can pile the trailer high and meander over the six blocks to the house. Maybe two trips only, gotta see how strong the boxes are before I stack it too high!

You must be rolling the paint on? Without paint color changes spraying that would be a two day job. One for walls and one for the ceilings. Prep work would take longer than painting.

The humidity dropped some and it turned into a beautiful day today, sunny and about 80. A little high for June but I will take it.

Its 8:30 pm 89 degrees 70% humidity with no wind. Real good storm weather. They say it feels like 100 degrees and I can believe it. I have a attic to work in tomorrow morning.

Morning everyone, pretty mild here, rain this weekend, hopefully enough to top off rain barrels ,
32A2ED7F-C3C1-4ED5-A929-E73C5AC43F68.jpeg

I did nothing the last two days, it was nice out and I lounged around. I did get th purchase agreement signed and we got that to the lawyers, should be ready for closing pretty quickly. An as-is sale has none of the drawn out hassle of a mortgage, thankfully. I'll have my hands full, but I look forward to the challenge.

After watching some of what you did at your last residence I don't think you need any pointers - but this time you will reap the rewards.

After watching some of what you did at your last residence I don't think you need any pointers - but this time you will reap the rewards.
That was all outside, which I'll probably do to this house as well. Been ages since I helped my dad with drywall, but I still remember the basics. That's about it for the big projects, then on to light fixtures, every light is hanging from the ceiling.

Back