• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Bob fell 3 weeks ago in the old 58 truck frame one night and badly hurt his leg but thought nothing of it, well last monday started having bad chest pains and he is so stuburn he waited till thrusday morning before going into the ER, he is still there tonight, maybe blood clot, they have him on morophean
Hope it turns out well Cindy!

Bob got out of the hospital yesterday around noon, very scary ordeal, since our whole family depends on him so much. He had a very bad case of Pancreatitis, we thought he was a goner! There will be no more beer, and his food intake will change totally! I wish this sickness on no one, the doctor told us that it is the most painful way to die and if he doesn't change his ways, he will. As soon as he got home yesterday he started a fire in the shop wood stove watched Nascar and March Madness, then tried to mow our lawn but he pooped out, so today he will try again. Thanks everyone for the good wishes and prayers!

Glad he's out of the hospital, but what a disappointing diagnosis. Too bad things like this happen to people like Bob, the doers of the world. He'll be in my thoughts for a solid recovery.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Thank you everyone for the good wishes, well he is back to his busy ways, pulled out the rear end to do a gear change and new bearings for the 58, mowed the lawn and ordered a cord of wood

View attachment 8385 View attachment 8384 Thank you everyone for the good wishes, well he is back to his busy ways, pulled out the rear end to do a gear change and new bearings for the 58, mowed the lawn and ordered a cord of wood
Bob could be down to 2% capacity and still run circles around me! He should start an after school tech class, maybe give us some better mechanics, hehe. Hang in there Bob, you'll kick this in the ass!

image.jpg
image.jpg
Some home made drivers Bob made from old drive lines, he says they are much better than store bought drivers, also you can see that when he breaks a wooden handle on a sledge he welds a old axle on for a new handle, very fruitful guy

Last edited:
Dam , I'm a away for a lil bit and all kinds of crap happens . Sorry to hear about Bob Cindy . But glad to see he's getting back to his ole ( not old lol ) self . Tell him I know it's not easy , but take it one day at a time and don't jump into to much all at once . The project's will always be there waiting for when "he's" ready . ;)

Thanks Bear, but its very hard to slow Bob down, he has been home 5 days and mowed our lawn twice and put away a cord of wood and built a new rearend for our 58, I can tell he gets tired very fast though, takes many breaks.

Thanks Bear, but its very hard to slow Bob down, he has been home 5 days and mowed our lawn twice and put away a cord of wood and built a new rearend for our 58, I can tell he gets tired very fast though, takes many breaks.
I can relate . My wife had to pretty much pound it into my head after I got hurt that I had to slow down and learn to stop and think before I just went ahead and did stuff . It took a "while" but I learned . The day's of me carrying engine blocks around the shop are over but I've learned how to work smarter not harder . That is if I wanted to stay upright . lol

Totally stoked an old Sun MDT distributor tester, actually fires up! A buddy on FABO checked it out in NJ and picked it up for me it is still at his house. Prob get it Saturday.

00606_94o54aLvsal_600x450.jpg
20170329_142342.jpg
dist.jpg

That could be fun. I have a couple old engine analyzers I picked up years ago but other than a quick op check haven't really played with them.

I know one was an Allen, can't remember on the other. My uncle used to be a dealer, these were trade ins leftover when he sold the business.

Back