• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Going to mow some grass. Then will see what the temperature does.

I was going to mow, but it's gotten out of hand since my neighbor moved. So I hired a co-workers kid to do it. It was turning into a jungle, and it's worth what he's charging. And being I have a push mower, I thought about it for a minute or two before giving him the work.

But it would have been great weather, hovering around 80 all weekend long with no rain in sight. Perfect for the Mopars on the Slope party!

Another nice day around 80, and low humidity.

The yard looks amazing, compared to the growth it had, and now I can show my face in the neighborhood again!

Got a customer's grass mowed for the first time this year yesterday. Came home and started on my own and broke down again. Parts will be here Tuesday. With luck it just might all get mowed before the snow flies.

We got a cool down here yesterday, high 70's and low humidity. Today is maybe going to be 80 but still lower humidity. Mowed the church this morning and now I may do my lawn. I have a few other things I need to do.

Great day here had the daughter over and enjoyed the pond. Funny how Harley allways goes for a ride no matter on what, tractor, zero turn mower on the deck, boat whatever!
DSC00450.JPG

Went to the state Fair yesterday. The fair didn't occur last year and things were slim pickings this year. Prices were redicules for the most part. Could be to compensate for decreased attendence and turning a profit. But who knows. Wife stuck her name in for a Ram voucher. Told her she was wasting her time as it was not enough to cover the price of a new truck.

The oldest and I went to the county fair Saturday night and watched the demo derby, not as good as years past but they are doing a FWD class. Less RWD's will have to die in the future if the FWD class takes off

The oldest and I went to the county fair Saturday night and watched the demo derby, not as good as years past but they are doing a FWD class. Less RWD's will have to die in the future if the FWD class takes off
I went to the tractor pulls at my fair, not the derby. I did hear there was a higher car count than in previous years. A certain driver who cheated like a bandit isn't allowed to run anymore, so people came back.

Another day of 80 and sunshine.

The Ford transmission case is finally empty. Now comes the case power wash. Cleaning parts and starting some assembly are next on the list.

Did you find the cause of your trans issues?
Not entirely. Still accessing the damage. So far the pump, tourque convert, fiber and steels in the direct clutch and fibers in the first and reverse clutch. Will know more once I start cleaning assemblies.
I have the Ford bible to go by this time. The transmission section is a couple hundred pages long.

Hopefully summer is starting to come to a end, the days are getting shorter and it’s been the driest summer in years here.
E4875AE7-B099-4B2E-9848-48407B2DB7B7.jpeg

Still muddy here but at least we are getting more dry days than wet. Thunder storm warnings out again for later in the day.

After 2 months of doing nothing to the 55 Bob decided yesterday to finish sanding it and masked it off last night so he could maybe paint it today.
28854B02-1576-4DED-9754-BBC420A4D5C9.jpeg
47502AED-0253-4347-B6DA-D5D14882A500.jpeg
A103A5F0-B5FC-4E13-9A52-969F54860794.jpeg
D021B815-C1FD-409F-B742-FBD3E4FA3541.jpeg

Back