• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Hope the new job works out better for you.
My body appreciates it. It's a work out, and I'm tired when I get home. Stretch and crack the back for an hour or so, then I'm good to go. Much better wind down than the last job.

No keys with the car, but I'm going to go see what lights work since it's nice and dark out. I'll grab a spare ignition cylinder with keys and see what windows go up and down tomorrow. I know I pushed and pulled the driver's window up and down easily by hand, so I'm just going to expect it might by funky.

61! I know we will get more snow, but man, this is nice. I was an idiot and stayed inside until mid afternoon, and my back needed a rest. I got the new car vacuumed out, and removed the headliner and insulation. Still need to give it a sponge job this week.

PXL_20210307_230313207.jpg

I hope to be driving this soon. Needs a gas tank, it's in the trunk along with a small gas can plumbed up, I think. I'll double check, but it may move on its own in short order.

In the 60's here. With the wind today it was sweat shirt weather. Have been working on the house the last two days.
I need to order the torque converter for the Ford tomorrow. If all does well and the converter fits in the pump right I should finally have this transmission back together this week. Then it find a decent mud free day to get it back in the truck.

Another nice day here, they claimed mid 60's, I was out around noon it was 53. New job doesn't have windows so I don't know what I'm missing.

I heard we might get snow Wednesday, but it will be gone by Thursday. Whatever, I know we will get some, but it won't be around long.

You hopefully get some day light. Day light savings time starts here Sunday. The clocks will again have the right time.
Will not change my schedule much but makes the fully employed think the day has been extended.

Got some rain today, mid 50's. May see some snow tonight, but it will be gone tomorrow. DST already? How long is it now, 10 months of the year?

Not sure DST time will make much difference any more but it makes the clocks correct. Gas is only 40¢ from total retirement. At $3 per gal. It is had to justify leaving the year.

The wind picked up, the car was all over the road in the way home from work. We actually had a tornado watch today! It snowed 10 days ago. Let's start the high school basketball tournament already, so we can get the last storm out of the way, and get on with spring.

Windy here today also and has been since last week sometime. To trash to waste disposal Monday to clean things up again and to get rid of what normally would have been burnt. The barrel was to full to burn in with the wind so it got dumped also. The gal at disposal just about flipped when I laid that 55 gallon drum on it's side.

Last 2 days have been warm, 60's. Windy tonight and supposed to rain tomorrow, temp in the 60's again. Friday will return to normal with a high in the 40's.

Rained last night. Back to working in the mud. But nice to day and the wind has subsided for now. Temperature is back to normal in the 40's.
Got a car to work on before we go to work. We will be glad when the truck is going again.

Raining again. I was hoping this would be a drier more normal year. Guess I need to prepare for more rain forest weather. It could be worse and be snow.
The wind finally died down to normal level's. Just have to put things back that got blown around and repair some minor damage.

Got rain Thursday, not snow, but still got into the upper 40's. Got into the 50's today. Going to be another nice day tomorrow, getting into the 50's before cooling off with possible snow Sunday into Monday.

I should put some anti freeze back in the car. But the system needs to be back flushed. The gallon and half of water I put in it probably doesn't leave much protection.

Some rain Thursday, yesterday was in the 50's, today back down in the 40's with sun, tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's

Snuck into the 40's today. Might get some more done today, I put off a lot yesterday. I did help my friend change his oil in his 1999 Dodge Ram Sport. He's got some health issues, and I was more than happy to lay on the grass and do it for him. He paid for my beer, and it was better than concrete. Plus his Chihuahua/Corgie mutt was there to help me out with some wet nose nuzzling. I felt obligated to give him some love by scratching him til he was content.

Gonna pull a radiator out of the Cicada, and the carb, so I can use them elsewhere. I'll put a freshly rebuilt Holley back in place, and the original radiator will go with the car. Need that car to go sooner than later, or I'll have a parking problem, not enough space at the house. Maybe I should see if the neighbor is full of it, or if he will call the city. Hmmm. Can he count to four?

Rained all day. Went shopping for some computer parts for the laptop. Will be glad when it is back and running again. Have a few customer billings to run and money to collect.

Back