• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Another beautiful spring day, 60's and sunny. 60's in the forecast for the coming week with rain late in the week.

Upper 50's, and I didn't do a thing today. :( But I still have time to get something done before I need to sleep, I napped in the early afternoon.

I saw 51 today while it was raining. More rain tomorrow, similar temps. Clean those roads, mother nature!

Beautiful day yesterday here, rain returns today then nice Friday and Saturday,
297ECF7C-6692-4585-B731-EC31BA540FF3.jpeg

We were supposed to have rain today according to last nights news. Now that rain is scheduled for the next three days that was supposed to be sun shine last night. I think most of us could predict weather better than this without for years of college. Not sure what happened to the old style weather people that would give national and local weather all at one time and not over a two hour broadcast while still telling us nothing we can't see out the window.

We had some drizzle this morning. Then damp and cool.
Finished a job today that had an electrical problem eluding me off a on for two weeks now. Four way switch and all dimmable. After a call to the switch technical line last night today problem solved in thirty minutes.
Came home and made some tools for the Ford transmission rebuild. Finally ready for front pump updates and new tourque converter.

Band clamp for pump.

Installation handles for the converter.
These will go into the special tools section of the tool box. Just hope I never need them again.

Attachments

• IMG_20210324_184456.jpg
    IMG_20210324_184456.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20210324_185126.jpg
    IMG_20210324_185126.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 123
Finally tested fit the pump bushing to the new torque converter. It is not tight so will have to check tolerances tomorrow. Really hoping to get this buttoned up this week end and back into the truck next week. Only have one job for next week then all else will be on hold till this is done.

Rained early this morning just enough to make things mud that managed to dry yesterday. Wind switched from south to north about noon. They are saying no rain for the rest of the week. This I have to see.

Back