• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Got a little rain, good thing the Monaco had a working wiper! Mid 50's, but it felt cooler with the moisture in the air. Tool another load of parts to storage, just have two 440's to move over, and a couple of intake manifolds I have in the garage. Plenty of room to move around the cars. I'll probably take my Dart to storage, so I can out the Mercury in the other stall, and further clean up the area. Last two days off flew by after working right straight, and I get to work six straight starting tomorrow, gonna have a positive cash flow for a few weeks at least!

I miss the positive cash flow and looks like it will be three more weeks. At least the state is releasing us in a week on the social program.

One of Bobs friends stop by and bought 2 4speed trans from him and 1 bellhouseing,
477F521A-1D52-4711-8104-DE000B1A77CC.png

It was beautiful today, a little windy, but nice enough to take the Monaco to work. It's the daily driver for now.

A friend of ours dumped 6 yards of gravel yesterday, so I guess Bob has some work to do today, finish up our landscaping and more car parts to leave today!
0C4CB6C1-BC34-477A-944E-348E1B8CD0CC.jpeg

Yes hope Bob has the equipment to move that. Looks like the makings for a decent day so far. Sun is out with just a little wind. We should at least not feel like we
have
to stoop into the wind today to walk some where.
They were saying maybe we can get back to work on May 6. Strange that we would be allowed to do that in the middle of the week.

1ADBDD31-0AD0-45AA-ABE5-B9A60F1A20E8.jpeg
Yes hope Bob has the equipment to move that. Looks like the makings for a decent day so far. Sun is out with just a little wind. We should at least not feel like we
have
to stoop into the wind today to walk some where.
They were saying maybe we can get back to work on May 6. Strange that we would be allowed to do that in the middle of the week.

Got the engine oil and filter changed in the Ford. Changed the external transmission filter also. That blew $60 real fast.

In the mid 70's today, got a little work done cleaning up outside the garage, and got my hoist back in the truck.

IMG_20200502_120050.jpg

High of 84. No vehicles were worked on today. I did get the carb back on the tiller and flushed the fuel tank and cleaned the lines. The fuel tank is still soaking will try again tomorrow to see if the fuel will flush clean. If not it will get a vinegar bath if some can be found.

It was in the mid 70's again, and after a slow start, I got some things loved around in the garage, swept a bunch of leaves out, and moved the Dart up against the front wall. Need to move two engines out of the way, and a final sweep, and I will be ready to start working on that car. I might get used to this open space concept. :smuggrin:

I hope that open space concept happens here also. I need to put some higher side boards on the flat bed and start loading it up. Some of this stuff is just taking space and will never get used.
Sure would be nice if the price of scrape metal would go up again.

Back