• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

-15 yesterday morning, 10 this morning, and it is going to reach upper 30's today. I'm headed south tomorrow to retrieve a parts car in Missouri where it's going to be 55, works for me.
Where you going to be at in the great state of Missouri that it is going to be 55? I feel cheated out of 2 degrees. It only supposed to be 53 east of KC.

I didn't say anything til I knew it was happening for real. I always felt like the seller was going to back out
Hooray for another successful venture - now as long as the home office doesn't audit and control the positive cash flow all will be well...... :drinks:

Pretty good rain here this morning but the temps were around 70 for a high and supposed to be in the mid 70's tomorrow then we get the 25 degree swing again for Wednesday with a high in the low 50's. Supposed to be in the low 30's Wednesday morning. Hope there isn't a free since all the trees are budding out and the ash trees are almost in full leaf. Heck, my azaleas have been in full bloom for nearly two weeks!

Hooray for another successful venture - now as long as the home office doesn't audit and control the positive cash flow all will be well...... :drinks:
Nah, she's fine with my plans, and knows the money goes right back to the Polara 500. I had to sell it as an investment, and only did so after I had a deal to sell the interior.

As for the weather, I squandered today away with rest. Have to get out to the car and suffer in the upper 20's. Only need a few things loosened from underneath the car and it'll go like nothing stripping the interior. Warmer weather ahead this weekend to peel away more parts.

Got up to 33, felt nice pulling parts in the Kwanzaa. Only getting up to 22 tomorrow, :meh:. Might try to get a few things off the car, but maybe not. The gravel road to the stepsons was terrible yesterday, I needed four wheel drive to make it there. Wasn't too bad today, and will be hard as a rock tomorrow. Need to get those parts out by the weekend so I can get some money for my cars. :greedy::greedy::greedy: Friday and Saturday are supposed to be near 40 again, plenty warm for me.

Hear you on the soft gravel. Skinned 4" of mud off the drive and took 3 weeks to do it. Got it down to rock base at least. Was really hoping to get some gravel delivered before the rain came this week. If it gets cold enough to freeze they may still deliver it this week. It will take 3 more loads over the summer to finish the drives.
Was looking at rollers at the rental today. When the gravel is all down may also put some seal coat over it that way it would be much easier to remove snow.

HAVE TO LOVE GRAVEL DRIVES. mine goes up to a 35 degree incline to the road. Just about every year I have to get another load of breaker rock which I like because it is assorted in size and locks down well. It is a PA thing the rock removed from coal during processing. Free just the trucking fee.

Found this old photo of Bob and his 79 D50 truck, he turned 62 this last Sunday
D705A941-732F-4D9B-94E0-3A985A02B661.jpeg

HAVE TO LOVE GRAVEL DRIVES. mine goes up to a 35 degree incline to the road. Just about every year I have to get another load of breaker rock which I like because it is assorted in size and locks down well. It is a PA thing the rock removed from coal during processing. Free just the trucking fee.
What kind of rock they removing? We have mainly limestone here. I like using crusher runs for base. It can be anywhere from 1-1/2 inch to dust. In some areas on slopes like your they put concrete footings in to retain roadways. Dont know if I still have a picture of one.

Morning everyone, our neighbor got a pellet stove so he gave Bob a cord of wood yesterday so today Bob will finish moving it here, very clean nice firewood, another very nice day today .
D0BE04DF-0247-4015-87E2-88BEBA8F6F95.jpeg

Back