• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

A balmy 14 when I headed to work tonight. Snow on the way, see if it's the 5-8" they're saying, ah, now 6-9". So glad I have a rear wheel drive car again! Just need to remember to turn OFF traction control. :smuggrin:

They claim we may get some of that white stuff Wednesday. Not looking forward to it or the cold air that moved in today. The only bright side is the mud may freeze for awhile.

Looks like a nice week ahead here, little chilly this morning, taking a little road trip today to check out flooded areas up north.
ACF2F7D7-B0F3-4426-8F5F-8126947D895B.jpeg

Went out to move my truck closer to the door at work, and man, did it cool off! It was below zero, down from the mid 20's. Close to 30 today, back to freezing tonight? Filled it after work, even at $2.39/gal it came to $73.00. Glad I don't fill it often.

I would like to see it $2.09, right now it's $2.32. I didn't get close to what snow was forecasted, I was lucky to get 2".

I've been away for a good bit. Saturday was Grandpa's funeral, so I spent the whole week up til then getting the house ready. Day of the funeral, weather kept teetering between torrential downpour and sunshine, typical Oregon weather can't make up its damn mind. The service went fine, most surprising was a) A LOT of people came, I'd imagine almost half the valley, and b) I knew very few people there, which I guess goes to show just how much of an impact Grandpa made. The USAF honor guard came and folded the flag for my Aunts, my brother came in his USAF formal dresswear and my nephew in his army formals, my older cousin sang a song, etc. Concluding the service was a slideshow of all the pictures Grandpa was in, and the part that hit me the most was when the slideshow got to pics of Grandpa with my younger cousin (him as a baby, him at his football game, etc). Mind you, this cousin is like me, quicker to be sarcastic or crack a joke than show any emotion, yet when those pictures came up, he just broke down crying. That gives you an idea just how much of an impact Grandpa made on everybody.

After the service, the family was all at the house, while my Aunt read the details of his Will and what was in store. I do have to mention that Grandpa hardly had a dime left to his name and most of his possessions bear only sentimental value, and we were only concerned with what was in store for the house (for years now that's been a big concern, and worrying about what was to be done, it was starting to cause some rifts in the family). Anyways, my aunt announces that we plan to keep the house here and open to all the family, but "there'll be some liabilities and we'll need to come together to make sure they're addressed". Well, wouldn't ya know it, Grandpa always said when there was a get-together something in the house managed to break, and sure enough right at the moment one of the kids runs downstairs screamin "THE BATHROOM UPSTAIRS IS FLOODING!". Somehow, the toilet simultaneously clogged and got the float stuck open, so the water kept flowing and there was almost 2 inches of water on the floor. Cue the next 30 minutes, everybody jumping in to stop the toilet and get the water all soaked up. Grandpa's old superstition aside, it conveniently happened right around the moment my aunt was talking about everybody coming together. I get the feeling Grandpa was makin one last point to all of us.

Back