• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

You both made my day. I now don't feel so bad about doing nothing of much valve yesterday and that we will be really getting the warmer weather the news has been talking about. Got to get out and about today. Will try to get some stuff done that should have been worked on yesterday.

Warmed up more today, if it wasn't 40 it was close. The weatherman is talking 40's well into next week. It's looking like it will be a green Christmas:(

We had rain all day with temps in the upper 50s yesterday, Bob had a fire going in the wood stove with the shop door open
39BB36F6-4B33-4777-B6D2-B796779401CC.jpeg

Stayed above freezing last night and the sun is out today. Weather man thinks no snow will be left by Christmas.

We figured out where the water was coming from in our basement, the valve outside was broken! I walked by it the other day, and I heard a hissing type sound, looked down, and water was flowing out from under the sidewalk. The Light & Water Dept came out today and did a repair, but we will have a sloppy driveway throughout the winter.

IMG_20191224_140453.jpg

And I'll have to deal with mud/dirt on the front portion next spring.

IMG_20191224_140451.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Outside of work, been busy working on my brother's christmas present, taking his challenger from this:
20191214_190052.jpg

To this:
20191225_023832.jpg

Almost 70 on Christmas day. Forties today and tomorrow. Back into the 60's Saturday with possible rain. Then back to freezer weather.

We are still above freezing for now. With all the moisture in the air, on the ground and north west wind the wind chill is a brutal 17.
If I heard rigth this morning our yearly rain fall is at 73 inches. Twice our normal. This is going to be another intresting spring. The Missouri River final was at flood stage in November for the first time since spring. The prospects of it going below are not likely. Things will not be looking good for a lot of people. Some that have not lived in their homes for nine months. Some have just given up and moved on. For the rest it will be level and rebuild. This all has got to make the rest of us realize how fortunate we are.

View attachment 16474 Walked over the hill behind our house, where do these people work? 100 new homes
Thank all of the transplants moving up here, especially the California Exodus. Thanks to cost of living being so relatively high in Cali, high property values here and lots of people moving in with the money to afford that, it's a property developer's wet dream.

Got rain, then freezing rain followed by snow. Then hey didn't plow for a day. Slick roads in places, but par for the course. I'm having fun being in a rear wheel drive car for the first time in ages. I like steering with my throttle!

Back