• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Morning everyone, our weather has been pretty mild here, rain later this week.
D34CA249-508C-4FAB-A71E-3F2B71F5E760.jpeg

Got the christmas tree put up a couple days ago. With the price they're charging nowadays, I'm better off putting our 8 acres to use growing our own trees.

I tried the grow my own tree thing. Pines do not do well with my soil type. Think its to much clay. We don't even plant in the garden anything that grows below the surface. The first year we planted potatoes a pick axe would have been required to get them out of the ground.

I tried the grow my own tree thing. Pines do not do well with my soil type. Think its to much clay. We don't even plant in the garden anything that grows below the surface. The first year we planted potatoes a pick axe would have been required to get them out of the ground.
Yeah midwest soil I hear tends to be a bit more clay-like. I guess there's a reason most of the nation's christmas trees are grown here Christmas tree production in the United States - Wikipedia I live in the southern Willamette Valley that they mention in that section.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree_production_in_the_United_States#Pacific_Northwest

Get up near me (MN) and we have plenty of pine trees around. More in northern MN, but there isn't the same amount of farming as there is in the southern end.

As for the cold, he haven't gotten the super chilly weather they said we would get. It isn't warn, but tomorrow will be 17 degree warmer than today,a d I'll take it!

Just verily above freezing and windy all day long. Made for a darn cold day. Doesn't look like it will get any better for awhile either.

Well that 5 to 8 inches was about 7 this evening. Still more to come. I need to get the chains back in the truck and maybe on it. If like last winter it not going to go any where without them.

I would have been ok with 30's. Got another 1" of the white fluffy stuff. 40 and 50's possible later in the week.

Still snow on the ground. It got to 36 today. Maybe 40's tomorrow. It will take a few days to melt 8" off. I am not looking forward to more mud.

Yesterday was frigid, high in the teens with the wind chill it was close to zero. Warmer today though 30's again.

Accomplished nothing today after being out in the cold a few days straight. Stayed in and stayed warm. After being laid up twice last summer it just take to much out of me.

It was 30 or better and I didn't do squat! I'll have to move more stuff to my storage units to free up more space around the Dart. Hopefully the weather will be decent tomorrow.

Back