• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Most of the week was in the 50's, today was 60 and 60's for tomorrow. My suggested I get the Christmas lights hung while the weather is nice. I think I will wait though.

Christmas now really! I haven't given it much thought and do not even want to think about winter yet. Can we just skip it this year?

A fine mist is hovering around outside. Wet leaves, ugh. Gutters need to be cleaned out, air conditioners are out and cleaned, only leaving the camper to winterize.

Need to seal off one ac unit. The other is protected by an outside wall. Pressure washer still needs to be winterized. Am short about 45 more feet of exterior wall that did not get built and seventy feet of roof. If the winter doesn't get to bad there is still hope for some of it.

I need to pull both A/C units out still, one is small and easy, but the other is heavy. One of my boys can help carry it to the basement, it's better with 2 of us. It's raining today and more in the forecast for tomorrow.

If I pull the a/c units I have no place to store them and if things had gone as planed both would be on interior walls on the exterior of the house. Now does that make any since?

A cool 40 some degrees and windy. Feels darn right cold out and I have not been out yet. At least the sun is shining.

Can I at least get heat in the house before it freezes? We have only had one good frost so far freezing could hold off for another 20 or so days. This 40 degree and wind makes it cold enough for October.

Yea. I just put it up and tell them they have to wait till spring when the weather warms backup again. A person just has to decide if their health is more important than someone else's stupidity.

I got the camper winterized today while it warmed up to around 40. I got a surprise (that I knew about in the back of my head) when I took the deal out of the water heater, water under pressure! Good thing I wear glasses, I got it right in the face and chest. I'll have to look for the relief valve! Now I just need to put in the slides, and move it further back in the alley. Just the outdoor decorations need to come in, and one hose and I'm done with outside. Move one car to storage, and the riding mower, and I'll be bored for six months.

Shutting the water pump off and opening a hot water faucet will not relieve the pressure? I always opened the pressure relief on the hot water tank to relieve pressure after opening a faucet and then pulled the drain plug on the tank.
Tractor here doesn't get put up for the winter. The deck gets removes and the blade installed for snow removal. I will have plenty to do this winter. Have a bath to remodel that should have been started by now.

Shutting the water pump off and opening a hot water faucet will not relieve the pressure? I always opened the pressure relief on the hot water tank to relieve pressure after opening a faucet and then pulled the drain plug on the tank.
Tractor here doesn't get put up for the winter. The deck gets removes and the blade installed for snow removal. I will have plenty to do this winter. Have a bath to remodel that should have been started by now.
I didn't think of that, first time and all. I'll approach it differently next year! Good thing I got it done, it got down to 22 or lower last night.

I need to get the outside water taken care of also. It is supposed to get down to 25 Wensday night. I dont need to flood the backyard like last year.

Made it almost to 60. Will not get there tomorrow. Could be the end of our warm weather if the weather man is right. We may even get some snow.

Back