• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

I messed up big time today. Was cleaning the back off the truck and threw the keys away with the trash. Right into the already lite and burning burn barrel. Did not even dawn on me what had taken place until I could not find the keys. Anyway lost the keys to one of the cars, melted down a security key to the 06 Ford and destroyed the pod to the Honda. Honda pod was broke anyway and was needing replacement and the Ford key will now only be an emergency key to unlock the doors. The key lost was a non-security key that can be made again. The old metal only keys required some minor clean up. Guess it could have been worse if none had been found.
But oh what stupid things we can do.

Our weather has been very nice the past 2 weeks and this week looks good, a little chilly at night, very nice to go out to the shop and there are still hot coals in the wood stove just add wood and off it goes.
22C6981F-2C84-447C-B8A0-EACFDEFB4203.jpeg

Last edited:
Our weather has been very nice the past 2 weeks and this week looks good, a little chilly at night, very nice to go out to the shop and there are still hot coals in the wood stove just add wood and off it goes.View attachment 16141
When we start getting those overnight-freezing dips, we run the woodstove around the clock. It helps that I work nights, Gramps can toss in a log when he goes to bed and toss on one more when he gets up later to go pee, then when I get home I can tend to it til he wakes up and takes over again.

That woodstove is practically a necessity for us. Between the old inefficient heaters, the awful heat leakage (old house), and our utility's tiered pricing (exponential cost increase with each tier), we'd be paying a fortune on power.

I know all about the leaky house syndrome. Want to improve it last summer but being sick and busy doing customer things to keep bills paid not much happened. It is closed in enough it may turn into a winter project with some heat of course. But every section of exterior wall that gets put up the warmer it stays inside.

I found that last key. Thought what thw heck lets check the barrel and there it was looking up at me. Plastic was melted to a bloob but it has no chip. Think I faired quite well on this one.

I lost some keys during a bonfire, found them the following spring after I hacked the column to remove the cylinder. Sold the truck anyway, but felt stupid for not looking a little harder.

Cold here, it was 36 this afternoon. Hands feel good so far, but gloves get used often. Might be healing more than I thought I would.

Watch out with those hands. The cold will creep into them without you knowing it and then its to late. Messed up some fingers four years ago and this fall is the first they are tolerating any kind of cold. So it takes time.

Watch out with those hands. The cold will creep into them without you knowing it and then its to late. Messed up some fingers four years ago and this fall is the first they are tolerating any kind of cold. So it takes time.
The last two years were bad, last year was the worst. I was surprised by how good they felt the first time it dipped below 40, but I know I'm not 100% and got gloves as soon as I realized the temperature. I already had my regular winter gloves by the door, I'm not going to foolishly lose my fingers!

Power washed Sat when it was in the 60’s. Did it again Tues evening after work in the lower 40’s when it was raining. Not doing that again.

Had snow overnight, temps in the mid 20’s right now. Supposed to warm up by Sun. Hope to power wash again Mon. Got to squeeze in Christmas decorating and leaf raking in sometime.

Been nice here 60's now rain. Just been really busy with the Barracuda, got the motor out and to the machine shop for boil out, most of the undercoating off and all the suspension is out also. Have to do it when I have free time.

Rained on and off today and I agree it is coat weather now. BRRR.... Not winter brrr, but still I am not quite ready for high 30's low 40's.

It was 19 when I started raking the leaves this morning after work. I got them all piled up, and was able to get the first pile and one more loaded on my trailer. Take it in later today, and get the rest Thursday, if they are open after the dusting of snow we might get.

19! Have no complaints about the 32 out when I got up then. They were talking about a dusting of snow here also Thursday. That must mean sunny and nice.

Back