• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Not supposed to get over 80. Took out a old mail box post and put up a new post and mail box this morning. Now setting here exhausted.

It got down to the 40's last night, chilly when I got off work at 6am, it was 48 then. Hope the rain stays away til Friday and I can get that engine and transmission pulled from my parts car, and be done with it finally.

Thunder, lightning lots of rain last night, had a nice fire going in the shop wood stove watching college football. This morning very chilly and raining, I think Bob has already got the wood stove going and we will watch the Nascar Roval today.

This morning was beautiful, started raining this afternoon. Light rain though. Weatherman is calling for 80's Monday and Tuesday then down to the 60's for the rest of the week.

Nice and cool this morning after work, car was wet from the little bit of rain. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow some, but I hope not, I don't work and want to get outside car stuff done. I can always do some inside car stuff that needs doing, but the outside stuff will yield money.

Like Cindy said, it's starting to get chilly here, fired up the woodstove for the first time this fall. Was even chillier today up on the mountain, no deer but then again too many people around to find a good unit to check out. Did find a motherlode of chanterelles, a side of mashed taters and mushroom gravy sounds good for dinner tomorrow.

Had an interesting encounter last night. Coming down the mountain, a real steep road with a STEEP dropoff, only a few trees to keep you from lawn-darting you and your car to certain annihilation. Some guy was driving up to pick some mushrooms, and something under the hood caught fire and he was pouring beer on it to put it out (it started right under the brake master cylinder so first thought was a leaky cylinder was dripping on the exhaust). Driving up the mountain in a POS hatchback, just a couple hours before sunset, with a giant trash can, hoping to pick mushrooms (not gonna fill that trash can in justa couple hours), armed with a case of beer apparently. He got the fire out, but not before it warped the cap on the reservior so he couldnt get it of to put more fluid in. His plan? Ride down the hill in 1st and tap the e-brake to slow down. Great plan. Didn't see a crappy toyota hanging off any trees over the edge, so I guess he made it.

My 4th day of hospital resort. Finally getting something accomplished so hopefully do not have to come back for a long time. Can only imagine the vacation that could have been taken on this stay alone.
Just maybe I will get out of here yet this week.

Rain, it keeps coming just enough to not get anything done outside. I should head over to my storage unit and get the '66 Polara 500 running, haven't tried since the snow was gone. Then I can get that gravel in there.

It's 48°, and I'm still wearing shorts.

Got out of the hospital last night. It looks like today will be a nice day. Overcast, cool and no rain. I can do this till spring.

50 was the high yesterday, it was 44 when I walked outside today, still in shorts. I don't need this yet, still have a months worth of stuff to do!

We are running out of time. Happens every fall. If seasons fit into the four quarters it would not hurt my feeling at all. Summer has gotten custom to squeezing spring and fall to a month each and 4 months of winter. That leaves 6 months of nasty heat and humidity.

We are running out of time. Happens every fall. If seasons fit into the four quarters it would not hurt my feeling at all. Summer has gotten custom to squeezing spring and fall to a month each and 4 months of winter. That leaves 6 months of nasty heat and humidity.
We get five months of snow, a month each of spring and fall, and five months of hot and humid.

I dunno if this is a 66 or 67, @cindybrat7 what do you make of it?
19_10_04-17_44_20.jpg
19_10_04-17_44_25.jpg

Back