• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Been some rain here the last four days, trying to paint our deck before winter comes, already had some coushins blow away while sitting in our lawn, all to be recovered, but still fun.

I have one yet a customer wants stained but I caught a bug that is being a pain. Just can not see laying on the ground to wash the bottom a deck 2.5 feet off the ground.

Rain, rain and more rain. Worked on the roof of my work room all afternoon. It did not like the 5 inches of rain we got last night and collapsed. I will be glad when the permanent roof is on. The dirt floor is now mud. At least no projects were lost. Rain predicted for the next 3 days.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Bob got the front clip off and the interior out by noon Sunday and said that was enough for one day, today he is pulling motor and trans out, we were planning to leave on our trip today for his family reunion but he says there weather is not good over the Rockies and he is to tired to make the drive but he seems to be ok working on the 56, replacing the floors later this week

Last edited:
So he has decided working on the 56 is more fun than a road trip or he just doesn't want to deal with the relatives? I can understand the latter and do not have Bobs problem.

I kind of like the mountains with snow on them. It does require a close eye on the weather and keeping track off stop off places incase the weather goes to craps. At least the north route would have drivers that can handle a little snow and prepare for it.

Bob removed most of the rusted out floor yesterday and has a few broken body mount bolts to deal with, then will remove motor and trans later this week, very slow on this project but will be a very nice daily driver. There will be so many relatives at Bobs reunion he says they wont miss him.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Yesterday Bob pulled the motor and trans out of the 56 and cleaned up the floor pan for the hew sections like lately stopped at noon and feel asleep

Back