• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

It totally amazes people were parts can be stashed.
Just like the new 54 inches roll cabinet the wife got me for Christmas a year ago. Filled it with tools that had been stored all over the tool room. Now I can't find any thing but they are all in the box or boxes.
Oh forgot the 3/4 drive set is still leaning against a cabinet. Ran out of space.
It will be worse yet if I retire. Both trucks are also stocked with tools.
Its probably best Bob takes care of that while he can. If something happened to me - oh the mess,

It totally amazes people were parts can be stashed.
Just like the new 54 inches roll cabinet the wife got me for Christmas a year ago. Filled it with tools that had been stored all over the tool room. Now I can't find any thing but they are all in the box or boxes.
Oh forgot the 3/4 drive set is still leaning against a cabinet. Ran out of space.
It will be worse yet if I retire. Both trucks are also stocked with tools.
Its probably best Bob takes care of that while he can. If something happened to me - oh the mess,
Laura has been complaining about me getting my crap organized so she doesn't have to deal with a mess if something should happen to me. If I had ten more hours in my day I could do it tomorrow!

Laura has been complaining about me getting my crap organized so she doesn't have to deal with a mess if something should happen to me. If I had ten more hours in my day I could do it tomorrow!
I have one 8x8 storage shed. It took a whole day to clean it out and another to put things back. The shed was in need of side wall repair. Thats just one shed. You open the door and there is no other end that can be seen.

I have one 8x8 storage shed. It took a whole day to clean it out and another to put things back. The shed was in need of side wall repair. Thats just one shed. You open the door and there is no other end that can be seen.
Three small paths on the sides and between the cars in the garage, 22'x22' and a 10'x40' storage unit, full of a spare Polaras worth of parts, a car and a truck, along with seven engines/blocks and four transmissions. No shelving in the storage unit, some in the garage. I have a 24' or 28' wide almost 40' deep unit I'll be getting in October for storage this winter. It has a gravel floor which means storage only. It will give me the chance tonreorganto the 10x40 next year. I get to fill.uo my trailer and drive around the corner and unload it! I will be assessing the need of all the crap I've stored over the years. I have four or five of something after years of looking for a better one. Console shifters is a great example. And slots, I have plenty of slots that will never get used.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Darts gone, last 2, 67 Barracuda, 65 Barracuda, shop looks empty

Keep the door locked so no one sees that empty space or the pack rats will fill it.

I cleaned the aluminum and plastic from the shop this week end and tin cans from out side. Filled the 7x8 flatbed 3 ft up. I can now see the back side of two cars. I need to find somone that still recycles plastic. I dont mind giving it away but dont like paying the local landfill to take it.
Now to make use of all the left over construction materials, oil bottles, oil filters and more scrap metal.
I was wanting to move some vehicles this afternoon. It rained all afternoon. The farmers were needing it to finish filling out the corn. But why can't it rain during the week when i am working inside?

View attachment 13610This one made the cut, and is my favorite! Keeper
Don't you ever sell that truck! I'd buy it, and I'm not a Chevy guy, but that thing is awesome, I fell in love with that and the Coronet as soon as I saw them. I applaud you and Bob for keeping so many vehicles on the road, and making them better in the process, all out of the love for cars. Thank you!

I just picked up a 64 Cuda with the soon to be SIL. Actually a really nice car and of course the usual QP rot in pa. Believe it or not this car might have just 6K on it. Figures the few parts it needs I already sold from the 65!
DSC02875.JPG
DSC02877.JPG
DSC02879.JPG
DSC02891.JPG
DSC02889.JPG
DSC02896.JPG

Story goes t was a woman's (aunt) and barely used it and garaged it then in a barn for 30 years. Then given to the nephew when he was 14 he is 22 now that is who I bought it from. Last tagged in 79. Odometer says 6400 on it and actually it looks like it is true. My dilemma how do you prove it? DMV does not have any records from back then. Really makes a difference on how we restore it. Mechanically I truly believe it is 6k on it still has paint marks all over it also.

Back