• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Portland has a better pool to pick from than down here
I got the 500 down in Eagle Point, Trail technically where the seller was. Buddy had it for a week til I could pick it up. California car originally. You live in a crazy state, climate, scenery, hippies, and other assorted things. Always enjoy being out there.

I got the 500 down in Eagle Point, Trail technically where the seller was. Buddy had it for a week til I could pick it up. California car originally. You live in a crazy state, climate, scenery, hippies, and other assorted things. Always enjoy being out there.
Well, the lil Ranger certainly didn't enjoy the climb up the hill in that last stretch, weak little 4cyl damn near needed me to drop down into 3rd. If you're ever stuck behind a blue Ranger creepin slowly up a hill, that's probably me. Good for gas mileage, not much else

It's been a wet year here, too. It was a nice day this morning, didn't get too hot, but I don't know what cold is anymore.

Took the 500 into work tonight, the temp gauge was pegged, five hours after the car had last run, might need to check that out. But the radiator is shit, I have a 1965 high altitude unit to throw in, 3 row bugger. Didn't someone here have a clever way of testing a radiator with a bike tire tube? I'll Google that tonight. Gotta clean out the tools and parts in the car, and take the granddaughters for a spin.
I use the stem from a regular tire tube and a hose clamp on the filler. Have caps for the intake and exit.

I use the stem from a regular tire tube and a hose clamp on the filler. Have caps for the intake and exit.
That makes sense. The way I'm thinking I heard, was the tube between the hoses with a new/good cap on. Either way would work, I'll have to see if I have that spare tube still.

Took Bob to breakfest this morning

image.jpg

It's cold here! Getting down to the 60's at night, downright freezing! Windshield gets fogged up which sucks since I have a towel for a defroster. Good thing I have a short drive to work and home.

Well we survived the flood with just a little bit of damage the barrels under the dock came loose and floated down the real stream. Guess what I am doing today?

Should be beautiful here today! Then rain again next week but normal amounts. Found the missing barrels in the stream waiting for the white water to end before getting them out. I might be stupid but never dumb!

Nice weather, fall like. And I'm slacking, what else is new. Gonna clean out the gutters that filled up after our hail storm, then it's back to work on the cars. Maybe take the 500 to the airport to take some pictures.

Slacked yesterday also. Did some needed yard work today. Have customer jobs to get done. Just to get motivated. Really did not have all day Saturday to bumb but the body said it needed a break.

Really did not have all day Saturday to bumb but the body said it needed a break.
I hear you there, just did a 72 hour week followed by a 60 hour week with another 60 hour week to come. I plan on working 60 hours each week, hopefully for the remainder of the year with a few exemptions. But it gets old and the body won't move as fast.

Back