• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

37407118_2354691828091240_4653789436801187840_n.jpg
Vancouver Wa. yearly car cruise was Saturday, our son and daughter drove their old cars to it and people kept asking where Bob and I were, they replied Bob was a little under the weather. Bob is trying different types of treatment, CBD is one, Yesterday our son dropped off his old car with a blown out header gasket to cool down, while he was gone Bob changed it out for him, today Bob is installing new shed doors that he built for our son, as long as Bob stays busy he is happy!

Especially when it runs no better in the end. But some just got to have that part no matter the cost.
I've recently joined the "right part" group, getting the correct parts for my 66 Polara 500, didn't think I would, but it was too close to stock after I removed the parts that wouldn't work. Having a correct parts car made the decision easy. Carb isn't correct, for is electronic ignition, or the soon to be added dual circut master cylinder, but the rest is 1966 parts or correct part number. The Monaco 500 I picked up, that will go back to factory stock as it is a complete car with an am/fm add on as the only non factory item.

IMG_20180710_003340.jpg

ya, you think insurance would cover some off the cost, but anyway Bob meet some girl on his bike ride that said she could get free samples from her dads business and is hooking him up, so very cool, we will see how that works out, the 65 Dart could be leaving this weekend

Good deal it is ridicules here 250 for a consult if it goes well 75 for a card from the state then you go to the pharmacy get a initial eval for a recommended dose 150 then the cost of the product. All cash also!

It's been a wet year here, too. It was a nice day this morning, didn't get too hot, but I don't know what cold is anymore.

Took the 500 into work tonight, the temp gauge was pegged, five hours after the car had last run, might need to check that out. But the radiator is shit, I have a 1965 high altitude unit to throw in, 3 row bugger. Didn't someone here have a clever way of testing a radiator with a bike tire tube? I'll Google that tonight. Gotta clean out the tools and parts in the car, and take the granddaughters for a spin.

Last edited:
Well I've been working on a deal with a guy up near Rainier for a few weeks, and sunday I finally had a late shift so I had time the first half of the day to run up and close the deal, pick it up

20180722_133500.jpg
20180722_133516.jpg

It's a bit rusty, but it passed mag inspection and the decks are nice n flat. Though also rusty, I got it with a steel crank and timing cover

Well I've been working on a deal with a guy up near Rainier for a few weeks, and sunday I finally had a late shift so I had time the first half of the day to run up and close the deal, pick it up

View attachment 13453 View attachment 13454
It's a bit rusty, but it passed mag inspection and the decks are nice n flat. Though also rusty, I got it with a steel crank and timing cover
Hope you didn't pay a lot for that muffler, I mean, motor! Nice score.

Hope you didn't pay a lot for that muffler, I mean, motor! Nice score.
Well considering the old chrysler small blocks were cast with a nickel alloy, they have a tendency of being easier to save. The crank is iffy, but the price was fair just for any 340 block alone

Well considering the old chrysler small blocks were cast with a nickel alloy, they have a tendency of being easier to save. The crank is iffy, but the price was fair just for any 340 block alone
They don't give them away, and often times seem to demand a ransom for a block alone. I look back at the chance to own a 340 engine or 340 powered car and realize what giveaway prices they were. Still wished I would have gotten a 71 roadrunner 340/4speed car, B5, blue cloth bench interior. Little rust, complete car, asking $4500 around 2005ish. Whoops.

What are your plans for the little fella?

They don't give them away, and often times seem to demand a ransom for a block alone. I look back at the chance to own a 340 engine or 340 powered car and realize what giveaway prices they were. Still wished I would have gotten a 71 roadrunner 340/4speed car, B5, blue cloth bench interior. Little rust, complete car, asking $4500 around 2005ish. Whoops.

What are your plans for the little fella?
Got a 72 Demon slant 6 auto. I'm thinkin a good restoration along with a 340 and a 6spd will really get it peppy. The guy I got it from is also gonna keep me in the loop for anymore parts I may be looking for, since when it comes to parts trading, Portland has a better pool to pick from than down here

Back