• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Going back to work on my 1979 Step side

I'm no spring chicken either, but when it comes to restoration work, having a managable obsessive compulsive personality does have its advantages. Others would call it workaholic. All I know is that my three siblings are also "afflicted" if you want to call it that. May have something to do with our dad being a good German that determined your worth by how much work you could do.

The Midnight Express was a special one off one year model which appears to have mainly been a dealer option, there is not too much official info about them. I was hoping to track one down myself as a stable mate to my '79 LRE, I haven't given up but it is a very rare truck.
They were all painted black and similar to the LRE truck but they may have only come with the 440 motor. There were supposed to be examples a few years back where another colored truck with the big engine were painted black and decals added by the dealer.
There is a thread about the Midnight Express on this board.
http://www.fortrucksonly.com/truckf...nite-Express-Truck&highlight=midnight+express

Back