• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Going back to work on my 1979 Step side

Thank you--- Is your truck a 78 or 80 ? my D100 has 4 lights it's 79 hope i can make it look as good as yours .
Merry Christmas
BC

Thank you--- Is your truck a 78 or 80 ? my D100 has 4 lights it's 79 hope i can make it look as good as yours .
Merry Christmas
BC
Mine's a 79 and thanks for the compliment . I'm sure gunna miss it when I sell it . :Cry: Hope you and your's have a very Merry Christmas to !

Very sorry to hear you say you are going to sell it. You have your reasons i suppose. Good looking truck! The dollar goes down the truck goes up! in addition to my 79 i have a 81 ram 150 with a 9 foot utility bed and Tommy lift i put together in MO in 1985 and still use daily in the appliance repair business here in OR. Hope something happens to allow you to keep it.
Take care God Bless and a great 2013.
BC

At this time i have a setback! The manual steering gear i bought is worn out it's totally out of adjustment and still has lots of play in the gears.I bought it from a FTO Dodge person and did not give it a thought about being worn out. My son installed it for me as a surprise while i was away.I have had it a long time and had not been ready for it the PS box was still in it and will have to go back IF i can find all the original brackets for the ps pump.

What a pissmeoffer ! :mad2: Did the guy tell you that he checked it before he pulled it ? I'm sorry to here that your son's surprise was ruined . I know how hard it is to find a manual steering box for your truck . I just went nut's trying to find a used one for someone and no one had one and I could'nt even find a new one local . I had to order it from one of my out of town supliers .

I think everyone knows how hard it is to find a manual box for these trucks.Did you really expect a new one for a core price? I guess you did.Bear- give me the supplier's number or website and bob send me you address and I'll have one shipped to you.

Am not complaining! I would have checked it before i installed it. I just hadn't had time and was not planing on it for a while. My son knew this and did not know it was worn out. I will get the ps back in for now not a real problem just a little set back. Thank you tho.
BC

Am not complaining! I would have checked it before i installed it. I just hadn't had time and was not planing on it for a while. My son knew this and did not know it was worn out. I will get the ps back in for now not a real problem just a little set back. Thank you tho.
BC

manual steering box!

arent you in luck, I had a 72 dodge truck with a manual steering box, low mileage, feels pretty tight $80 plus shipping on it if interested, send me a message if interested

Photo1639.jpg

Photo1641.jpg

Sorry been gone

arent you in luck, I had a 72 dodge truck with a manual steering box, low mileage, feels pretty tight $80 plus shipping on it if interested, send me a message if interested

Thank you! I am sorry i have been away most all this year so far. I did find or make everything to get the power steering back on it. I need to get going on the paint now. I do have to leave again the end of April then hopefully i will be home till July before i travel again. Thank you again for offering it at a good price i just don't have the $ at this time.

God Bless

I worked on an old GM a while back that didn't sit level in the front. After careful measurements and calculations I cut a little off the high sides coil spring and leveled it out perfectly. I wonder how much you could take off and still be safe? That old GM was out of level about 1/2 to 5/8 inches.

I was talking about the lowering question that I did not realize was almost two year old question. As Ruth would say, "Nevermind"

Last edited:
Sad Sad Sad

Hey Bob , Any updates ?
One thing or three outer has kept me away. i probably should sell it to a younger more energetic person. Hope you are doing well with your projects. Thanks for asking
Take care
Bob
10/30/13 After giving it lot's more thought i am going to go ahead and reassemble it and put it up for sale. I have to many projects my 66 Barracuda is sitting in my home garage waiting on me also.
I am 68 and don't have those 12-16 hour man cave ability's any more. I will post some pictures after we get it re assembled and see if any one can give me a idea what it is worth or if no one is too interested I will give to one of my son's.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan Bob ! I know you've got a lot of work into it and it would be a shame to give up on it . I know what your saying about putting in long hours on project's know a days . I'm not getting any younger either and I've said the same thing at time's . That's one of the reason's why I'm selling my Dart . This way I can put all of my attention in the Warlock as my toy . Good luck with it and keep us posted .

Last weekend my son's and i pulled the 383 back out and are getting the 360 ready to put back in and reassembling the truck it is going up for sale as soon as we finish.I will post pictures when it is ready. I will have to jump category's my other old Dodge truck is 81 150 a year too new for this one.
Thanks all BC

It is a version of the li'l red x-press, I don't know all the options but it came with the same custom
wood outside and the steak body type wooden sides, but was painted black. Midnight Express decals
I think the midnight and the warlock were 2 different models ? Anybody?

Back