• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fopar's 72 F-250 project

Did a test fit to see how it looked.

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

No clearance problems that I can see yet. So next I will need to cut the end off of the 72 steering column shaft and using the Lincoln shaft and the other part of the 02's steering linkage I should be able to connect it all up. Because the Lincoln round end fits over the 72's steering shaft and the 02's square end fits in the Lincoln’s other side.

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together! I went out and finished the steering linkage and it went together perfectly. Almost like I had planed it from the get go. When I think back about it I can remember thinking about tossing the Lincoln's steering linkage into the pile for recycling but then going no I might need it. I didn't need much of it but it was the one special part that I needed to hook the 02 to the 72. So dang I'm glad it kept it.

Here is the Lincoln's steering linkage and the 02 F150 linkage. I cut a small part out of the Lincoln's that had the half round on one end and the tube on the other. Then I cut off the end of the F150 linkage that fits into the slip shaft. Slid them all together, drilled holes through and then bolted them together for mock up.

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

I then cut the end off of the 72 steering column and drilled a hole in it, and then slid the sleeve over it and bolted it all together.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

So I will leave it bolted together for now and once I have a chance to make sure there is no binding and it all works right I will then weld the sleeve to the 72 shaft and call it done.

stansgray03
Nice skills you have, your truck is looking better all the time.

Thanks! trying to keep the faith that it will be done some day...lol

6pakattack
Lots of potential in that 250 !!! Especialy with that 460 in, dayummmmmm !!

yep thats what I said when I got it for only $300..... Dayummmmmmm!!

bremereric
Wow...someone's keeping busy. Great fab work.

yep have to do something to pass the long dark days of winter.... dang they really arn't all that long, I got to get busy if I have any hope of this seeing the road by this summer!!!!

Thanks Guys! I try to keep the pic's coming as I get things done.

No work done on my project but I did have fun doing a $35.00 paint job on my work truck. So here are a few pic's of my truck and a quick, cheep paint job, that will just look better with age. lol

Before:

IMG_1372.jpg

After:

IMG_0170.jpg

Before:

IMG_1364.jpg

After:

IMG_0171.jpg

looks good especialy for a 35$ paint job im mopar but i like them old fords

dodgeboy
looks good especialy for a 35$ paint job im mopar but i like them old fords​

Thanks!

Yep, love the mopars to, just always liked this body style of the Ford though, so had to get one, or two or ..........lol

bremereric
Looks good but whatca hauling in those boxes.​

Thanks!

A friend of mine owns a pallet manufacturing plant and they fill these boxes with the end cuts of all the wood they use. They have a hard time getting rid of all of it, so I go pick it up for free dry fire wood.

WOW is all I can say. I never really venture into the other brands but this was on the new post page. You have some serious skill my friend. That truck looks fantastic, I have considered doing this myself but never had the nerve to cut a frame before. Good luck I will be watching this build from now on.

I'm not sure if it's nerve or just crazy :crazy:...lol maybe a little of both :biggrin1:. Thanks for the support. All I can say is do your homework buy the tools and then go for it. That's what I did. So far so good...... only time will tell though. Wish me luck:becky:

Thanks again!

dusted72
WOW is all I can say. I never really venture into the other brands but this was on the new post page. You have some serious skill my friend. That truck looks fantastic, I have considered doing this myself but never had the nerve to cut a frame before. Good luck I will be watching this build from now on.​

I didn't see your location until after I responded. But if your over in Iraq then you have plenty of nerve. My hat is off to you Sir. Thanks for your service....:hail:

Yeah I am still over here. Don't believe what they say about all of the troops being home. I am an EOD tech still here to help protect the State Dept.

Well good luck & please come home safe. You look like you have a nice project of your own when you get back home.

As for me, little more work done on the truck. It's been hard to find time lately but progress is progress so not complaining. Thought I'd better coat the bare metal, so I hit the passenger side with some left over flat paint.

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Did a little welding on the drivers side, also cut out the stock side marker light and welded in the patch panel for a matching smooth look on both sides now.

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

builds lookin good quick ? i see your rollers your using ive got the same one they dont roll wrth a darn does your work ok or these things just junk

Back