• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Axle Shims

What really is sad about this is the resource materials for these old vehicles is getting hard to find and every Dodge dealership in the land could have once answered this with no problems. Now we rely on memory and experience. Most of the younger set would have just removed the complete rear end and replaced it with something newer.
So it looks like the shims will be the answer? Fortunately you have found a source for them. Most places here will not even mess with one of a kind stuff with out ridicules setup fees.

What does the drum/hub look like?
I have a rear end from a 59 dodge full size car,it may be similar,its not an 8-3/4".and found some literature in mymopar.com.
Perhaps there is some info that may help.
This particular rear was commonly used from 57 to 59. Needed a special puller to get drums off.

What does the drum/hub look like?
I have a rear end from a 59 dodge full size car,it may be similar,its not an 8-3/4".and found some literature in mymopar.com.
Perhaps there is some info that may help.
This particular rear was commonly used from 57 to 59. Needed a special puller to get drums off.
If it would help, I can post a photo of the drum. but in some earlier posts there is photo of the backing plate with all brake parts, springs installed. The drum fits over the tapered axle, and held tight with square key in slot in axle. Typical axle drum puller is used to remove drum from axle.
just got call from DCM Classics in Michigan, they have new shims made, stainless steel, and shipping to me this week. We'll see.

Wow, a day late. DCM Classics has put four of them in the mail today. They cut them out of stainless steel, and will now stock in catalog. simple laser cut, $5.00 each @.0125 thickness. Appreciate your effort Paul. BTW, someone asked for photo of the drum and parts so I took one today. should have this thing together by end of the week.

59 axle&wheel.JPG

no issues jobrated , was dumping out cans of dirty fasteners to get washed . and they were in there with the rear/end and engine fasteners . just luck i ran across them , so they have there own spot now , lol ;) .

Back