• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1990 D150 questions

Have 999 trans so no O/D which is fine , just a around town truck for work, but does anyone have the fuse block and ignition switch wiring diagram? Jumped some wires and started right up with no noises and ran smooth so off to a good start.
And looking for cable speedo and cable, mine is electric only.

What year truck? The only thing you need Is a 100-120 foot cable and of course a mechanical speedo.

Just realized It's a 90 d-150 well hear you go

starter 1.jpeg

Starter 2.jpeg

Thanks, that will help a lot. Wiring is coming along, just very slow.

I know I'm In the same boat with my W150 only difference Is I'm using a sumitt universal harness. I don't know If you know about the flapper in the exhaust manifold. I went to take the manifold off to remove It and every bolt broke. ended up taking both heads off. So then since they're out lets do a little port cleaning up. Then to the machine shop for a valve job,.020 cut. Well I said to myself, self all that Is left In the truck Is a short block and the rear main Is got a small leak might as well as pull it. Well since Its out lets check some clearances crank awesome connecting rods ehh could get by but, It's out lets throw some bearings and rings at it. Sorry this got long but It kind of became this snowball thing. It kind of set me back with all the wiring but, has made it easier.

All is good. You know the front clip comes off faster than the heads do. From there the broken bolts are no problem to drill, remove and treads cleaned. In fact that's the only way to remove a Dodge truck engine.

Nice but to late but, good to know for future reference. Hopefully I don't need to do that In the near future.

Back