• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1979 Dodge Warlock

I have to agree, you've got an awesome truck there! Wish i could fined something that clean up here.
Thanks Indy ! I wish I could have found It up here as well but no such luck . My boy found it when he was stationed down in Georgia .

It definitely had it's issues when I first got it but the foundation was solid and that's what I cared most about and if it wasn't for him I probably would have never found one . At least not one anything like this , not up here anyways and it was definitely a bonus it only having a little over 36k on it when I got it .

Sorry I haven't posted any updates in a while , but honestly I haven't really done much . But now that the weather's getting better I'll be pecking away at the to-do list . Just installed a vacuum canister for the power brakes . With the bump stick I'm running it was questionable whether I had stopping power ( every time ) last year , so I thought I'd give this a shot . So far It seems to work . But I'll know better when I start driving it again in a few weeks . I tried to hide it the best I could . A little black paint on the bolts and I think It won't even be noticeable .
IMG_4568.JPG
IMG_4570.JPG

Yah know it's funny how your working on something and then move on to the next thing and then the next thing , but it doesn't seem like you've done a whole lot . You've forgotten what it looked like when you started it . I was just looking at the picture I posted and remembered the wiring "mess" I had to start with . This truck was a fire waiting to happen when I first got it and the charging system worked when it wanted to . I guess I "did" get something done . lol
IMG_2090.JPG
IMG_3373.JPG

I have a vacuum pump and canister that I was going to install in my Dart. I am worried about noise. Is your pump noisy?

I'm not running the pump . I'm using the canister just for an added stored vacuum supply . Last year when I was driving it . After a couple steps on the brakes , I'd be out of vacuum in the booster and I'd get a nice hard peddle , but zero stopping power . I thought about running a pump , but everybody I talked to that's run one of those say's there wicked noisy . Even louder then an electric holly race fuel pump . So far after test driving it down the street and in my driveway , constantly jumping on and riding the brakes . The canister "seems" to be doing the trick . I'll know better once I start driving it more regularly .

Something else I did on this truck that I forgot about . I swapped the steering system from the old federal style power steering system to the newer style Saginaw system . Along with all the pulley's , brackets , box , lines , etc. .

Last edited:
I saw a guy that had the pump mounted in his trunk. Not an option in a truck, but it was so far away that he never heard it. I might have to try just the canister. I never thought of that. I don't know how it will help, though. My engine pulls 9 lbs of vacuum and my brake booster supposedly requires 10 psi. It works fairly well now, but I worry.

The canister just adds to the capacity of the vacuum stored so that it's there if you need it ( hopefully lol ) . I've got about the same amount of vacuum as your running at the moment . But I'm not sure if that's going to change at all when I try the other intake I have . I don't think it will , but I'm still a little worried about it .

I'm running an eddy duel plain right now . But I've got a single plain torker that would really open up my mid and higher RPM range .

Is that a performer or performer rpm? I've got the performer on my Polara and it works for my basically stole engine. I'd need to cut a hole in my good for the rpm version.

I know this sounds bad , but honestly I don't remember . I'm bad . :( On my truck , I don't have to worry about carb to hood clearance until I go to the tunnel ram and the two nitrous plates . :)

Just when you thought it was safe to come back out on the streets . lol Luci is now back on the road .
IMG_4511.JPG

First on the list is to put some new sneakers on it . I just mounted up a pair of 31/16.50/15" tires for the rear and I'm also putting a little taller tire on the front so that it'll sit right . Some pictures coming soon . :cool:

Back