• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1979 Dodge Warlock

My new exhaust guy kept asking me how I wanted the exhaust to exit . He kept asking me about chrome tips , or maybe have them dumping out on the rear sides . But I kept telling him "no" chrome and "In your face" straight out the back and that's what I got .
IMG_3872.JPG

I found out a way to almost get powder coat wit appliance paint, the stuff is almost the same, but it is gloss.
Really , How's it hold up in automotive use ?

Hey you now have a hundred to play with! LOL
If your talking about the top poster thing , I still haven't heard anything on it . But I could definitely use it right about now . I just found out today that my plow gig is no more . I'll be looking for winter work "real" soon .

Are you going to leave the flag on the back or go to the Warlock by Dodge or the wooden plaque? My brother had just bought his and we were at a car show with maybe 15 cars. A guy walks up and says he has the original wooden rails for a Warlock. My brother got them for $50 I think.
The wife doesn't want me to put the wooden rails like the factory had back on the sides . I will replace the flag eventually with the factory wood plaque . In 79 they where called a Warlock II and had the wood plaque on the tail gate that said Warlock II by Dodge . Before 79 they had the decal that just said Warlock by Dodge . I thought about messing around and put the wood plaque on it but have it say "See Yah ! by Dodge" . lol That was a pretty good price for those wood rails that your brother got . What where the chances of that happening ? You'd be surprised at how many people I came across this year that didn't know what a Warlock was . Believe it or not , I had three people ask me if it was a lil Red . :confused: Yes , I said lil Red . lol

For the rear , you might of noticed in the under carriage pictures that this truck had a truck 8 3/4 in it . Well I still have an 8 3/4 which happens to be my favorite Mopar rear end . But it's no longer that one . After a little bit of welding , moving spring perch's around and some primmer and paint
IMG_4013.JPG
, my rear end is now almost 5" shorter .

A nice set of 3:91's , just to get the power down .
IMG_4018.JPG

And a swap from the 10" brakes to 11" for a lil more stopping power . This winter , One of the things I'll be working on
IMG_4516.JPG
will be something to help with traction . I'm kind of torn . I can go with something like Cal Tracks or try and fab up my own traction bar set up . It depends on funds and how ambitious I am . Plus I've never been one to just buy something that anybody can buy . I like figuring things out and doing or building it my way . Most of the times my ideas end up working pretty good . It would be a trial and error thing if I did fab something up . Who know we'll see which way I go .

Just ordered a 1500 tranny (for the dart) can take donations! LOL
Sorry no cash here . Like I said , as of yesterday I'm looking for work . Did you hear anything about your 50 for coming in second ?

Don't feel to bad , You came in second . Oh wait , That's what I said to that guy in the Mustang last week . lol

I want to hear a video of this thing running! Tough looking truck and with that motor I'm sure there's been more than a few surprised brand X drivers haha. Sharp ride Bear

Thanks , Believe it or not , I've been working on trying to do a video of it running . I've had two issues , One , Every time I try and get a god shot of it even just idling some big rig or something decides to cruise by and I get it in the audio . Plus there doing construction right in front of my house which isn't helping either . The second is that I haven't figured out how to post it once I have a good one down . As far as the brand X guy's go's . It's funny when I pull into a cruise night or show . They hear it coming and they try and look around it to see where the sound is coming from . Now that the truck has been out of a couple of months there's been more then a few of the local guy's that have made the mistake of lining up next to me . It didn't work out to good on there end though . lol Don't get me wrong , I've been "trying" to be a good boy and just cruise , get the motor broken in , get the bugs out and dial it in . But when one of these guy's edges me one , sometimes I just can't resist . The last guy with the Mustang has had it coming for a "long" time . Every time he go's by my house , he has to light them up or punch it ( or at least he did lol ) . But if I'm standing out there in plain view , he drives normal and takes it easy . Just drove me nuts . But like I said , there's been a few brand X's that though for sure they could leave this ole Dodge truck in the weeds . WRONG ! lol

They hear it coming and they try and look around it to see where the sound is coming from .
My buddy dropped a 440 in his 86 4x4 and we ran into a guy we know who has a 70 Charger, pulls up to my buddy and tells him his truck "sounds like crap", he didn't know about the swap but couldn't tell it was a BB in it!

My buddy dropped a 440 in his 86 4x4 and we ran into a guy we know who has a 70 Charger, pulls up to my buddy and tells him his truck "sounds like crap", he didn't know about the swap but couldn't tell it was a BB in it!
Your not going to tell me you guy's went at it , are you ?

The See Ya! by Dodge is funny. My brother always wanted to build a 5.7 Hemi and put it in a 300C and get a plate that said 300C YA.

The See Ya! by Dodge is funny. My brother always wanted to build a 5.7 Hemi and put it in a 300C and get a plate that said 300C YA.
That's a good one ! it's got six digit's so it would work on the plate too .

I have to agree, you've got an awesome truck there! Wish i could fined something that clean up here.

Back