• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Xmas gift

Funny, I had that page loaded in another tab, under what they mentioned about puddling when cold. I'll probably make a tube going from the header to the intake. I'm guessing they circulated exhaust through the the intake back into the exhaust system. I'm just going to try to get a little warmth up to the intake. It'll be driven during the warm months and with the heat from the headers I'm hoping it'll work out fine. So far I've come across a lot of builds that don't have any heat going to the intake, so I'm hopeful. It's still a ways off so I have plenty of time for accumulating parts. Going to build an engine, then throw the Sonoramic on. It will be built accordingly.

It is a very interesting intake. Before reading the article I did not know of all the different version of the long and short intake. I have actually seen a few long tube but never a short.

It is a very interesting intake. Before reading the article I did not know of all the different version of the long and short intake. I have actually seen a few long tube but never a short.
I wonder if I saw a short tube pair a few years back. I asked on the price and seller never got back to me. Same show 2 years ago, I saw an Edelbrock STR-14 with a 4 barrel top in the raw cast aluminum for a fair price, 4 months after I bought a chromed STR-14 with a chrome 4 barrel top and a darker raw cast 6 pack top. By the time this show comes around again, I'll have everything paid off so if it's around I might just have to buy that one. And if those goofy looking runners I asked about years ago are still around, I might just have to buy those too!

I've seen both. and really? They're easy to tell apart....

c48ca2477d89dd4e12bccfedc0bafb73.jpg

Notice the "differences" in the tubes from one to the other... thats the only difference on the tubes. The long tube run all the way from the carburetor to the head, the other one the runner runs "separate" only about half way from the head.....

I've seen both. and really? They're easy to tell apart....

c48ca2477d89dd4e12bccfedc0bafb73.jpg

Notice the "differences" in the tubes from one to the other... thats the only difference on the tubes. The long tube run all the way from the carburetor to the head, the other one the runner runs "separate" only about half way from the head.....
Sure, they're easy to spot or tell the difference of when you're looking for them or info on them, I just can't remember what I saw 5-6 years ago. I knew what they were when I saw them, just can't remember and my minds telling me they were short tubes but that's because I'm getting the long tubes. I just want them all!

Sure, they're easy to spot or tell the difference of when you're looking for them or info on them, I just can't remember what I saw 5-6 years ago. I knew what they were when I saw them, just can't remember and my minds telling me they were short tubes but that's because I'm getting the long tubes. I just want them all!

LOL @ Want them all. your as bad as me! (I thought about a set on my 383 with a set of 915 heads to go with 'em!) But, yeah thats a "Pipe Dream" @ the cost of the whole set-up with my current shallow pockets....... LOL

Purchase justification can be a big issue. Been looking for a 383 Tunnel Ram for years just a matter of justifacation.

Purchase justification can be a big issue. Been looking for a 383 Tunnel Ram for years just a matter of justifacation.
I had a B engine tunnel ram with single and dual 4 barrel tops. Wish I still had it.

As for the puddling issue with the long tube runners, it seems it may just be an issue at start up. I don't run a choke on my cars so I'm used to having to blurb the throttle a few times when it's just started. I'll still try to incorporate some sort of heating tubes, but after a little reading I'm more comfortable than I was when first learning about the heater tubes.

-I'd LOVE a set of those put on a 440 and used under the hood of say a '37 Dodge truck.....

Back