• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Xmas gift

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
I know what I want!

IMG_0336.JPG.jpg

It's only $100 over a grand, so it's almost a giveaway. I need this like I need 3 more holes in my head. But if you want to get something for that multi-carbed FTO member who doesn't have enough examples of excessive airflow, I can get you the sellers info, or go over to FABO and look under "cross ram". Merry Christmas to all!

Scott,
That intake is worth a freakin' small fortune!!!!! Also looks to be in fairly decent shape too!

Still..... I'd love to be able (and have) a 426 Wedge to bolt those bad boys onto!

You know that top intake, on the inside mounting ear of the runner looks to have a cracked off "ear" right at the bolt hole, am I seeing that right?

That's how they are, the inside bolt holes are open on one side. BTW, those carbs aren't correct for the intake. I don't have the numbers off them so I couldn't tell you what they came off of. The intake is actually off a 58 300D.

Did I mention I worked a deal with the seller? Even took some money off if I agreed to pay 2 weeks sooner than I was planning.

Amazing how I get motivated when I want to buy something I don't really need!

Last edited:
Its like collecting art you could live without it but it looks nice. If they are off a 300 you know what engine?

-That is of course I remember this all correctly!!!! (I wanna model of one of those intakes.) Like you I have no idea what for............................... YET!

If you plan on using it do not forget the carb heaters.
Here's all the parts needed for a proper set up:

Chryslercrossram_01_700.jpg

Finding the cross over tube is gonna be fun enough, but I'm sure I won't even bother trying to find exhaust manifolds or those heat tubes. The headers on the engine will have to heat the carbs as best they can!

You will know when the carbs do not get enough heat. I thought the guy was kiding on the first real set I had seen when he started talking about carb freeze.

You will know when the carbs do not get enough heat. I thought the guy was kiding on the first real set I had seen when he started talking about carb freeze.
So why on a 4 barrel is a spacer a common way to isolate the carbs to reduce temp? I can't remember where I saw it, some magazine, but I thought a spacer would reduce temps by 80-100°. I may be off on those numbers but it was quite a bit, I was surprised by the difference, and I ran a spacer for clearance with the car I was using, had no idea of any extra benefit.

I'm in no way saying you are wrong, I don't know anything more than I am getting them and that pic above showing the complete setup. Could one adapt the /6 heater tubes?

I will see if i can find some info for you. I thought the same first time it was mentioned. We use to run fuel threw dried ice at the drag strip. Yep thought he was crazy.

I know where the real thing is gonna end up!

I really wanna do a "Rod" thats a Dodge or even a Plymouth Coupe, to have those intakes and have it look mean as hell is what I wanna do, I just can't find a damned model grille for an old Dodge, to do such a thing with.... Bug-Eye headlights, with an "Eye Brow"..... LOL

Back