• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Who loves the Cummins diesel's in dodge ram's

The very best

there is Dodge C and there are all the rest

p_00185.jpg

Id almost bet the ranger has a 4bt in it.Wish I had about 4 of those engines.Same as the 6bt just missing 2 cylinders.

I've always loved Cummins engines.
When I bought my current Ram I wanted a diesel but they just weren't around 2nd hand in Australia.
So...I got something interesting in petrol.A blown 5.9 magnum.
It's been good(although very thirsty)but I still wanted a diesel....soooo.....last week I bought a new one.
A 6.7 diesel 6sp manual 2500 4x4 Laramie megacab.
It's coming from Missouri.

Out of interest - my Case1550 dozer runs a Cummins 8.3(same to look at as the 5.9 but bigger capacity).It's now got 19,000 hours on the meter and still unopened.Still starts easy and still runs great with good power.
It gets serviced every 250hrs and starts to use a little oil abt 20-30hrs before service is due.

My next truck will be an 88-93 cummins 250 4x4. My current 250 has a 36O and gets half the mileage of the Cummins

Last edited:
we have a 92 5-speed and 11' bed used for hauling the tractors and water tank

001-1.jpg

we are also converting a 73 car hauler into a Cummins 5-speed with 3.07 gear
we cut the cab at the "A" post cause the floors were rotted in the 73
then married the 92 LE Club cab to the 73 crew cab

how it was done is here (still under construction,waiting on nice weather to sand and paint)
http://ramchargercentral.com/diesel-talk/1973-cummins-hauler/

4-03-06030.gif

010.gif

016.jpg

New Tow Rig

Got rid of my Chebby R30 in favor of this 92 D250 with the infamous 5.9 Hummin Cummins A/T w 190K. Practically stole it !! Rebuilt the front end and lifted it 3in in the front and 2in in the back. These pics are at stock height. Will post more later. Aim is to have it painted 2004 Ram Dark Slate Grey this winter and put on some bigger , maybe 18in Black wheels and tires. Has Straight 5in exhaust !! It's a Beast !!

^^^ Wrote that back in Dec. Here are pics of before and after. Call it a minor restoration perhaps. The new color is 2004 Ram Truck PDR. Just got the bedliner sprayed in last week. Ready to roll/haul now!!
Attached Images

021.jpg

001.jpg

011.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

Recently bought a 89' D250 LE 3spd farm truck. Can't say I stole it but paid what I thought was fair price. But the truck had the ball joints welded in (trashed) and I replaced the Upper Control arms, spindles and BJ. It Aligned good and drives great now. Down side I have more into it than I think I should. But it's a keeper and it'll all balance out in a few years. Plus I really like the 1st Gen trucks. There are a lot of these in Central Virginia still rolling around.

Og4lkw.jpg

JYUwwz.jpg

Love my 6.7 cummins, have pulled a bit like the rest of you with gas motors mostly built up a little bit 360 motors but nothing compares to a diesel and a cummins to boot.

luv em, just got my second one a few months ago. had 230xxx on the 04.5 and would have kept it but i needed the extra room of the Mega Cab and wanted to go to a gooseneck.

742wjru.jpg

I had a 99 RAM, first year of the electronic injection pump. Love the truck/engine combo. Lots of power. It was easy to increase the HP without taking apart some of the engine. Unfortunately a driver lost control of her vehicle and the attached picture is the result. Had just put a replacement short block in 1 year previously, out of warranty, for the casting problems on th M block. Had a lot of fun and put many miles on the truck. Really enjoyed just driving it with th diesel. RAM design problems were another issue, hated them. It was a 4x4 automatic.
1999DodgeRamWrite off.jpg

DSCN2624.JPG
I love my Cummins!! homemade mods for mine are, custom built intake, got rid of the crappy electric fuel shut off for heavy duty pull kill. Aftermarket is 60# springs, exhaust brake, air filter, 4k gsk, afc mods,024 delivery valves and 2 valve cover breathers, dual disc south bend clutch

I ran into a fellow who wanted to buy some Cummins badges that I was selling. I was blown away when he showed up in a Ford. Here are some pictures he sent me. There were many many changes that he made, not just the engine. Tires, chassis. He installed a pre electronic fuel pump engine and used the Ford tranny with custom electronic mods so that things would work correctly. Awesome vehicle, check out the tires.

Ford22002.JPG

Ford55001.JPG

Ford55003.JPG

Ford55004.JPG

Love these beasts!!!!

Had my 2000 3500 Dually for 12 years and she hauled the mail so to speak....

This new 2015 6.7 I just drove home Friday is twice the truck. I am so pleased with all the options and power. I will not need to mod this one at all and the AISIN auto feels great. Nice to not be pushing that clutch anymore!

Back