1. Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

Tire air pressure sensor

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires & Rims' started by Alleycat, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Alleycat

AlleycatMember

2007 Silverado tire pressure monitor says left front tire low. Checked and it's ok. Sensor probably is bad. So what to do? Where is the sensor.? Is it part of the valve stem, and if so can I replace it?

2. LocuMob

LocuMobFluid Technician

Yep, part of the valve stem. I had to replace 2 of the 4 in my Avenger. Be prepared for sticker shock, I paid $95 each when I replaced mine.

3. Alleycat

AlleycatMember

Wher'd you get them? Rock Auto has some for around $30. Looks like they may be a pita to install and get working.

4. LocuMob

LocuMobFluid Technician

I went to the shop 2 blocks away. You need to remove the tire remove and replace the whole valve stem, the sensor is inside the tire attached to the stem. Throw the tire back on and balance it and your done.

5. 65 sporty

65 sportyWell-Known Member

I you get the parts from rock auto and have them installed, you then need to retrain the truck to recognize there position. Read the owners manual it should tell you how to retrain them without the tool. I use the tool at work all the time when we rotate tires. I would say any tire shop would be able to retrain them for you.