• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

The introduction of Furyus 67

OK now I remember your build thread, or at least I think I do!
I've done nothing to the car this year other drive the crap out of it. No reason to update the thread lol. I'm gonna tear a few things apart this winter. I'll hopefully have good new to post.

I let my Polara sit since June, and just got around to fixing one of the issues it has. Landscaping and work has zapped all ambition this year. Glad to hear you drove the crap out of yours!

Thanks bear! That fury is my baby. 413 8.5:1 motor + some goodies!
I love it when people make there rides "there's" and dare to be different . I think that's one of the reason's why I decided to do my lil hot rod truck . But with your pride and joy , Come on , how many 67 , "four door" , "warmed up big block" , fury's do you see running around ? And a 413 to boot ! :)

Well.....stock rotating assembly. MP purple 284/484, edlebrock ch4b intake,eddy650 carb,comp valve springs(906's"I think) MSD 7al, 391 suregrip......oh yea and a thrush muffler! I've got a build thread on FCBO. Pics from when she was a small block.
Hey , I was right . When I heard that idle , I thought for sure that , that was the bump stick that was in it . Good choice ! ;)

That
I love it when people make there rides "there's" and dare to be different . I think that's one of the reason's why I decided to do my lil hot rod truck . But with your pride and joy , Come on , how many 67 , "four door" , "warmed up big block" , fury's do you see running around ? And a 413 to boot ! :)
Thanks !!Sounds like my train of thought!! I'd eventually like to airbag it and run disk brakes all the way around. I've gotten a decent amount of flack from the guys on FCBO and a few moparians in general for what I've done and plan to do. I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do! I welcome others opinions , just don't expect it to sway my way of thinking lol. I'm a lover of personalizing!! As far how many do I see??? Ha! The 1st carshow I took her to....around 3000 cars and I had the only 67 fury. There were 3 furys total ! I have yet to pass another lol.

Hey , I was right . When I heard that idle , I thought for sure that , that was the bump stick that was in it . Good choice ! ;)
Oh it was! I wanted....needed that Mopar lump! I'm not disappointed!!

Oh it was! I wanted....needed that Mopar lump! I'm not disappointed!!
Out of all the cams that we tried in my wife's big block Dart , That was her favorite . So I know that sound well . She used to love cruising around at a certain a RPM and setting off car alarm's . lol

That

Thanks !!Sounds like my train of thought!! I'd eventually like to airbag it and run disk brakes all the way around. I've gotten a decent amount of flack from the guys on FCBO and a few moparians in general for what I've done and plan to do. I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do! I welcome others opinions , just don't expect it to sway my way of thinking lol. I'm a lover of personalizing!! As far how many do I see??? Ha! The 1st carshow I took her to....around 3000 cars and I had the only 67 fury. There were 3 furys total ! I have yet to pass another lol.
I love the idea of bagging it . I can see it already in my head . And if anyone bitch's , then just tell them what I've told people when they've done that to me with anything I've built . I built it for me "not" for you . See you at the finish line . lol

I love the idea of bagging it . I can see it already in my head . And if anyone bitch's , then just tell them what I've told people when they've done that to me with anything I've built . I built it for me "not" for you . See you at the finish line . lol
Amen to that!! On one of my FCBO posts I told them, "I'm not building your car, or the car you went to the dealership and got with your dad or grandpa! I'm building what I like!" There's a few of the guys on there that are with me on it. Over all I like the guys over there. They just spend too much time thinking in box!

Amen to that!! On one of my FCBO posts I told them, "I'm not building your car, or the car you went to the dealership and got with your dad or grandpa! I'm building what I like!" There's a few of the guys on there that are with me on it. Over all I like the guys over there. They just spend too much time thinking in box!
This post and the past few; since you joined FCBO I felt like there was at least one person who thought like I did. Those guys are stock, first and foremost, but it's a great site with tons of info, just like over on fabo except not quite as open minded.

Love the car the way it is. Take what y'all got, or can get and build a ride. Car, truck, cart for moving around injured players, whatever I don't care as long as you're not hacking up some pristine rare as a unicorn car, do whatever makes you happy. That's the only way I've done and will be able to do my rides. None are special numbers wise and won't be missed as stock.

And the last thing. No matter what, I've never really cared what other people think. I've never let it worry me that someone may not approve of me or what I have, cause I don't care.

Now I have to watch the video to see how it sounds compared to my car. What exhaust setup do you have?

This post and the past few; since you joined FCBO I felt like there was at least one person who thought like I did. Those guys are stock, first and foremost, but it's a great site with tons of info, just like over on fabo except not quite as open minded.

Love the car the way it is. Take what y'all got, or can get and build a ride. Car, truck, cart for moving around injured players, whatever I don't care as long as you're not hacking up some pristine rare as a unicorn car, do whatever makes you happy. That's the only way I've done and will be able to do my rides. None are special numbers wise and won't be missed as stock.

And the last thing. No matter what, I've never really cared what other people think. I've never let it worry me that someone may not approve of me or what I have, cause I don't care.

Now I have to watch the video to see how it sounds compared to my car. What exhaust setup do you have?
Well said!! There's a bunch of good guys on there and a bunch of good fuddy duddys lol. I'm probly not the most popular guy there. There's been a few subjects where I felt small minds were prevailing and I opened my big Irish mouth lol. Think I rubbed a few the wrong way..
My exhaust on the other hand.... is a home made POS. It's a factory 67 Newport y pipe cut at the rear passenger foot well with a thrush muffler lol. It's what I used to break the motor in. I procrastinated to much this summer and never made it to the muffler shop. I've got a set of brand new 2-1/2" pipes and mufflers in the back of my barn , I just need to have a shop make the pipes to get me around the steering and torsion bars.

I got some hell for putting complete tti 3" exhaust on my car. I knew I would, but I had a ghetto a** double wall tubing crap going to just before my axle with Cherry 'S hang in on one hanger per side. Let's just say I'm cheap when I know something won't be staying. I actually spent $20 more on the exhaust than I payed for the car!

That car sounds nice. What mine sounded like with the 'S. Mines a little quieter at idle, I think.

I got some hell for putting complete tti 3" exhaust on my car. I knew I would, but I had a ghetto a** double wall tubing crap going to just before my axle with Cherry 'S hang in on one hanger per side. Let's just say I'm cheap when I know something won't be staying. I actually spent $20 more on the exhaust than I payed for the car!
That's right! I remember conversing with you a little about the tti's. Shortly after I posted about wanting to put headers on mine Stan started the "Headers on a Cbody why" thread lol. Btw your on my "you suck" list for simply having those. One day I shall have a set of my own!! One day I'll make it to the exhaust shop too lol. I'll tell ya with the 391's 45mph is close to 3000rpms. The drone is starting to wear on me..

Bear..... I was just checking your truck....damn that thing is boobies!!! Very nice. Warlock is what my buddy calls his 63 . He's been a Mopar guy for a long time.
IMG_0926.JPG

That's right! I remember conversing with you a little about the tti's. Shortly after I posted about wanting to put headers on mine Stan started the "Headers on a Cbody why" thread lol. Btw your on my "you suck" list for simply having those. One day I shall have a set of my own!! One day I'll make it to the exhaust shop too lol. I'll tell ya with the 391's 45mph is close to 3000rpms. The drone is starting to wear on me..
Damn! I got 3.55's and I'm near 70 or better at that rpm. I do run a 275/60/14 tire so maybe that helps me. The drone is the reason I finally went with the tti.

Bear..... I was just checking your truck....damn that thing is boobies!!! Very nice. Warlock is what my buddy calls his 63 . He's been a Mopar guy for a long time.View attachment 7707
Thanks , But it's just a lil ole pick up truck :rolleyes: , Well , that's what I say to the guy's in the parking lot when I'm trying to edge on a race . lol Nice looking scroll work on that back glass on your buddy's 63 , Mine's called Lucifer ( Luci for short ) . What does your buddy's 63 have under the hood ?

So that means you don't like what I did to the dual quad 69 Charger R/T I had . Hmmmm :rolleyes:, So now the truth comes out Mob . lol

Thanks , But it's just a lil ole pick up truck :rolleyes: , Well , that's what I say to the guy's in the parking lot when I'm trying to edge on a race . lol Nice looking scroll work on that back glass on your buddy's 63 , Mine's called Lucifer ( Luci for short ) . What does your buddy's 63 have under the hood ?
Hee hee! 440 cast crank, stock rotating assembly, Mopar stage 6 heads,M1 intake ,536 mech lift Mopar cam, aluminum rockers, tf 727 ,cheetah reverse manual valve body, berkheart bands running a 3.23 gear I do believe....like you said...just a lil ole pickup truck. But man does it get!!

Hee hee! 440 cast crank, stock rotating assembly, Mopar stage 6 heads,M1 intake ,536 mech lift Mopar cam, aluminum rockers, tf 727 ,cheetah reverse manual valve body, berkheart bands running a 3.23 gear I do believe....like you said...just a lil ole pickup truck. But man does it get!!
I'm liking everything but the gear choice . I had 323's in mine when I first put the motor in just because they where already in there . My motor definitely didn't like them . The tamest gear for my set-up is the 391's I'm running right now . Which is just OK for street pounding . But to get a 100 % out of what I have , I'm going to need more gear .

Back