• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

The introduction of Furyus 67

I'm liking everything but the gear choice . I had 323's in mine when I first put the motor in just because they where already in there . My motor definitely didn't like them . The tamest gear for my set-up is the 391's I'm running right now . Which is just OK for street pounding . But to get a 100 % out of what I have , I'm going to need more gear .
Might be 326's he's got. It's not Mopar suspension under it. He wants to keep it streetable but that's not easy for him. He doesn't know how to do anything that's not balls out.
Have you run it down the 1/4 ?

They made plenty of R/T's, but I despise multi carb setups
Excuse me , It took me a minute to get done choking after that second statement you just said . I can't believe "those" words came out of "your" mouth ! :wideyed: lol

Might be 326's he's got. It's not Mopar suspension under it. He wants to keep it streetable but that's not easy for him. He doesn't know how to do anything that's not balls out.
Have you run it down the 1/4 ?
I bet his truck would be like night and day if he ran a better gear in the back . I "do" understand the part about keeping it streetable . Did he ever think of adding another gear in the transmission department ? That's what I've been considering for mine eventually . I haven't gotten a chance to take it to the track yet . I have a lil computer ( I can't think of the name of it right now ) that I make test hit's in it to give me a good idea of what it'll run and if I'm going in the right direction with any changes I make . That lil computer is pretty darn accurate to boot and is a really good tool . I've used it many times in the past on other cars .

I bet his truck would be like night and day if he ran a better gear in the back . I "do" understand the part about keeping it streetable . Did he ever think of adding another gear in the transmission department ? That's what I've been considering for mine eventually . I haven't gotten a chance to take it to the track yet . I have a lil computer ( I can't think of the name of it right now ) that I make test hit's in it to give me a good idea of what it'll run and if I'm going in the right direction with any changes I make . That lil computer is pretty darn accurate to boot and is a really good tool . I've used it many times in the past on other cars .
No kidn on the computer!! Didn't know there was such a thing. Then again I haven't built anything race-able in 10 yrs. This was my last toy.had it for 8yrs. Built it from stock. Wound up with 35's just before i sold it.
IMG_0929.JPG
IMG_0930.JPG

Excuse me , It took me a minute to get done choking after that second statement you just said . I can't believe "those" words came out of "your" mouth ! :wideyed: lol
Yeah, or laughing........... this from the guy with how many multi carb setups waiting install? :D

I was being sarcastic. I have an addiction to multi carbed intakes, especially the tunnel ram varieties.
I was too lol. I seem to remember seeing a post FCBO. I'm almost positive it was one you picked up and was putting on your c. Correct me if I'm wrong.o_O

I have an Edelbrock STR-14 with a 4bbl and a 6bbl top, a Weiand cross ram tunnel ram with 6bbl top and an Indy Max Wedge cross Ram dual quad intake. All 3 will go on my Dart first and trickle down to the Polar and my 72 crew cab. I've got a sickness, and I don't want a cure!

I have an Edelbrock STR-14 with a 4bbl and a 6bbl top, a Weiand cross ram tunnel ram with 6bbl top and an Indy Max Wedge cross Ram dual quad intake. All 3 will go on my Dart first and trickle down to the Polar and my 72 crew cab. I've got a sickness, and I don't want a cure!
Well when you come to terms with it let me know! I'm sure I can find new forever homes for them!;)

No kidn on the computer!! Didn't know there was such a thing. Then again I haven't built anything race-able in 10 yrs. This was my last toy.had it for 8yrs. Built it from stock. Wound up with 35's just before i sold it.View attachment 7720View attachment 7721
Soooo, then, are we to assume that you tired of that bright red paint shown in the first pic and the second one shows how you toned it down? :jawdrop:

Soooo, then, are we to assume that you tired of that bright red paint shown in the first pic and the second one shows how you toned it down? :jawdrop:
Well....that's one way to put it lol! By the time I was done she was covered in scratches and a few dents. I got a lot of flack when I 1st started wheeling my Jeep."Oh it's too nice,your going to ruin it." The Only response I could ever give is " Its a Jeep! What am I supposed to do with it?"

I missed out on an Edelbrock NASCAR style "bathtub" intake some years back, for $250. I think that's when it all started. Still bummed I sold a B block Weiand tunnel ram with single and dual quad tops.

Back