• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

I laughed at my friend's wife this morning, the coffee maker she stole.from her daughter's old business only worked for a day for her! Worked Saturday and took a crap Sunday. Was she ornery! She had to go to the bar to get coffee, where someone told her there may be a reset button somewhere. She may not be completely out of luck.

I got a cup of my Fufu on the way home from up north, only a six hour trip, thanks to higher speed limits on my route!

Last edited:
Just on FCBO. FBBO still has politics in the Political forum.
Funny how that branch of topics results in adults acting like children.

Soooo much more to be doing than arguing over who will screw us over next. I need funding for my fleet, maybe I should contact a senator or representative and see what they are doing to help the hobbyists that have been hit hard by this pandemic! :greedy::greedy::greedy::happy:

You should, there might be a program, Free money or something like that.

After I got the timing chains in the Torrent I checked compression and it was good with a little oil. I thought it was ok, but it had a misfire at idle. Checked it out and low compression on #1 and #5 (only 120) other cylinders are 175-180. I pulled off the rear head and the exhaust valves touched the pistons just slightly when the chain jumped. Head is off to the machine shop to get a valve job.

I get to bring my Avenger to the shop for some of what it needs, EGR valve, tie rods, alternator, control arm bushings, a couple tires, who knows what else. No wonder the stepson wanted to give it back.

Brought the coffee maker to the house, it was sitting over at my storage unit. Gave it a quick clean, dumped in some DUNKIN' DONUTS grounds, and had 30 oz before work last night. Nothing like being hopped up with nothing to do!

Got jacked up on 3 cups yesterday morning and put the head back on the Torrent. My wife is happy so it was worth the work.

Those torrents are decent to drive, comfortable size. But not a whole lot of fun to work on.
heater core, like most new vehicles are not easy to replace.
next go round, i will get customer to sign off on warranty and cut the tubes, it comes out without having to pull entire dash.

I started putting lights up in the shed, I have some florescent lights that I have had for a while. I got 3 up and finally working. My kid came over then to ride his dirt bike and the door wouldn't roll up:rolleyes:. My light placement looked great except the one didn't clear the roll up door, I thought there was more room between the door and ceiling, whoops 🤭. So I was back out there and moving the light.

So, when I got the coffee maker set up, I also grabbed some Death Wish coffee, and I finally had a chance to try it. Wow, it might as well be called liquid cocaine! Made four cups, poured into two mugs. I was about halfway through when I noticed I was straight up wired. I even ran another batch using the same grounds, and it didn't seem to lose anything. I'll try another couple of cups when time allows.

So, when I got the coffee maker set up, I also grabbed some Death Wish coffee, and I finally had a chance to try it. Wow, it might as well be called liquid cocaine! Made four cups, poured into two mugs. I was about halfway through when I noticed I was straight up wired. I even ran another batch using the same grounds, and it didn't seem to lose anything. I'll try another couple of cups when time allows.
I may have to try some if I can find it.

I goggled it, the Walmart near me has it. My son wants to try it also, he see's it as a challenge:)

Coffee is done. I better get busy making the wife's coffee for work. FABO and FCBO are still down for software updates.

I heard a small noise from the rear brakes on my Colorado, drank a couple of cups to get me moving and went to the shop to check it out.

I found this....
IMG_20201219_112634576.jpg

I ordered some shoes and onto the lathe the drums went.
IMG_20201219_114743399.jpg

New shoes, drums turned and ready to go back together.

IMG_20201219_124925938.jpg

Not what I wanted to do yesterday, but it's ready for winter

Do you have your own lathe, or is that at the shop? One guy in town had one, but he closed up two years ago. Someone should have one, I could use it for a couple of cars.
I had an old one, but no training on using it so I finally found someone to take it off my hands.

Back