• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

I forgot I had this pic, I fixed this broken wire the other day at work.

bad wire.jpg

The tell tale green corrosion is how I found it, low power at the fuse in the box, it's supplied by a mega fuse in the underhood box and it had full power, I started following the wires and bam! Only 3 wires not corroded, what amazes me is how the wires insulation got pierced to let moisture in, pretty well protected.

Started my day yesterday with 2 cups, ran some errands, helped set up for my future Daughter in laws bridal shower(my baby boy is getting married this fall), then went out to the shed and worked on this Tahoe.

Changed out the backing plate, can't say I have seen one of these rot out like this.
View attachment 17609

I have ball joints and a pitman arm also to do, but he got the wrong lowers
That's nasty rust. Looks like the frame on my Dakota. LOL

2 cups to start off the day, mowed the church then mowed my grass. First time in 2 weeks and it's mostly weeds that got mowed. The grass needs rain bad.

I should start a "Stop in for a drink" thread like I did on FABO. Sipping on a Woodford Reserve as we speak. Cheers Mopar bro's!

I would normally join you with pleasure, but this week has just totally kicked my butt all over. I wouldn't dare waste good booze on this stomach, no way would it stay long enough to be appreciated properly.
That said - Cheers to you and enjoy for me.

When I was out drinking coffee and getting my yard work and errands finished I saw this beast out. Looks like it may be for sale.

IMG_20200718_114217411.jpg
IMG_20200718_114336940.jpg

One cup to get me started, mowed most of the lawn, went to a friends daughters graduation party. Later in the afternoon we went to our churches annual water baptism. I am blessed to be able to take part in the baptism, I dunk the people with another guy, total body immersion, no forehead sprinkling here. We have a dinner after. A friend let's us use their pond, yard and shed.

I got a coffee, four double espresso that I milk for two days, hey, I'm cheap, and that's a lot of caffeine. I go to my friends and drink one double down. I go home, and the damn cup fell onto the floor on the driver's side. So, now my car smells like espresso. Thankfully the carpet was nowhere near perfect, but it still sucks. A lot got on the floor mat, and I soaked up as much as I could within minutes. Win some, lose some.

Time for the second cup. Hot and sticky today but I need to mow the lawn today. The roofing contractors will be here early tomorrow to start . They say they can get it done in a week but I would rather mow today instead of waiting until sometime next week.

I got my bundle of espresso this morning, some I have some for later tonight, and it was free, gotta love rewards programs!

Lots of coffee this morning, my brother is here from Iowa. My baby boy is getting married today. She is a great girl.

Had a double espresso to get my brain started. Gonna whip up a Roast Beef grilled cheese before heading out to the garage.

Started yesterday with 2 cups, went and checked out my Pontiac Torrent. I picked it up at a auction knowing it needed timing chains. It rolls over by hand, but won't start so I will have to pull it apart and check out the chains. I am hoping it didn't jump too far and crash the valves. I got it for a good price, but I still want to do it as cheap as possible.
I have it sitting at work, if I have to pull the heads I may clean my at shed at home and put it in there to do it. I don't want to tie up a bay at work for a long time.

I'm about to go drink some espresso, and then it's off to the stepson's to dismantle a parts car enough so it can stay outside. Just need to grab the dash, reinstall the hood, and maybe some other minor things. Then go to the other parts car located elsewhere, cut some things off that, and maybe cut it up so it can be easily scrapped. Then go home and chase wires in the truck, no spark at the coil, it had it six weeks ago when I parked it. :banghead:

Back